Dumaguete Info Search

June-July Weather, water conditions?

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by LifeDiver, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LifeDiver

LifeDiver One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello good people,

I am planning on visiting friends in the Philippines in late June early July and would like to do some diving. I have been to your lovely town Dumaguete --back in 2006 Christmas time and would love to return. When I visited before I was told that the weather and seas were much better for diving in the summer months. But since then people have told me that in July there are rainstorms all the the time and it's not necessarily the best.

Could someone who actually lives there and knows the weather and water please tell me what conditions I'm likely to encounter if I am there in early-mid July?

I thank you in advance! ~LifeDiver

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We usually expect rains to come starting June onwards. If nothing changes, then I would expect July to be a rainy month---August would be typhoon month here but we're lucky in the Visayas because weather changes have always been kinder to us.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    June and July can have some of the best visibility of the year, coral blooming is over and the water usually clear.

The days are usually sunny with occasional rain in the evening. getting more end of July with cloudy days (still great under water)

Dauin and Apo also has better weather than Dumaguete. Especially during that time of the year it can rain in Dumaguete while it is sunny in Dauin.

I had many daytrips to Apo where you can see the rain in Duma but return with a nasty sunburn.

but again, it is nature and you never know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.