Dumaguete Info Search

Jury Duty Scam

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just a heads up on a scam. I'm having someone calling my parents and my brother in law :meh: (not my sisters) saying that I have jury duty and that they need to provide them with my personal information to get more information on the dates. When they refuse to provide the information they want they get a threatening tone and start telling them that avoiding jury duty is a crime (but so is impersonating a federal court official). I've already told them that anyone calling about me should be told to p*ss off prior to this so my mom just told them to send a summons through the mail or to have the Sheriff bring it over and to stop calling.

The number is: 1-844-226-8637

The call could come from a different number but I want to sh*t on their parade as much as possible and help Google with indexing this number as a scam (since toll free number registration are not public record....as they should be). This number is already identified with debt collection scams. Jury duty scams seems to be their new tactic.

Juror Scams | United States Courts

• Informative Informative x 4