Dumaguete Info Search

Just arrived

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by dakine, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dakine

dakine One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I finally arrived here in Dumaguete and I am really really enjoying my first visit. I have not slept so good in years and I bet my blood pressure is way down hahahahaha. I like this forum and a lot of the comments are very helpful. Thanks to the people that got this up and running it has been so helpful for me. And as far as Dumaguete is ..... well lets say first impression is WOW I could live like this hehehehehe......

2. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Just arrived

Welcome to the city of Gentle People, dakine. Know you'll love the city and
    the people. Have an awesome stay. :smile:

3. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi dakine,

Welcome to the board. Happy to hear you're finally able to a handle on your blood pressure after all these years.... Enjoy your stay in Duma.

Paul

4. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Wish You Dakine A Pleasant Stay In Duma..... Ours Is Not Long Too. Can't Wait.

5. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the City of Gentle People! I hope you enjoy your stay!

6. lonesomedoc

lonesomedoc DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to everyone,another newbie here,hoping to move my family from Hawaii,we already live on the ocean but want a gentler less expensive life (Hawaii is:greedy:)special greetings to dakine(gotta be from here bro?sista?)We have our hearts set on Dumaguete because of its reputation and many friends in Hawaii from there plus my wife speaks visayan,have twin girls,age 1 and wonder where the best place is to look for a home??? please give me your wisdom and any suggestions,Is Valencia much cooler and comfortable?Is it best to be in Duma guete especially with kids?Are oceanfront Inns viable?Well have enjoyed you folks,expats and Filipinos alike.

7. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    aloha

Hey dakine and lonesomedoc,

Another Hawaii born brudda for you. Born and raised in Honolulu, McKinley grad. The Philippines is so much like the older Hawaii I remember as a kid. The Hawaii where the flowering plants, mango, papaya and guava trees weren't cut down to make way for condos, asphalt and hotels. I plan to be in Duma sometime in June, no definate date yet. Keep in touch and we'll meet and hoist a few. Okole hao.

chi town

8. lonesomedoc

lonesomedoc DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bruddah Thanks been busy

Wasnt born here but came over 20 years ago from Chicago,have been all over Phils and Dumaguete seems to be the best place.I love Hawaii,all but what it costs to live here.I cant imagine doing that in retirement and my wife speaks great Visayan though her family is from Bohol.Hope your life in Dumuguete is all you want.I'm looking to move soon and sell stuff here in Hawaii.I Phils it had our trades to cool off a few degrees but maybe I'll try Valencia to be cooler.Aloha and all our best.

9. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Welcome to the forum, dakine and lonesomedoc :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.