Dumaguete Info Search

Kabulakan Festival 2010 - Dumaguete City

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Rhoody, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Some Pictures of the Parade of the Kabulakan Festival 2010 in Dumaguete City.

What is supposed to be a colorful Parade remained to be unseen by most of the people lining up on the streets of Dumaguete. Due to maybe poor organisation or other significant reasons, the parade left "only" 3 hours delayed the assemlpy point at Robinson.

As a result, the participants were already roasted by the sun after waiting and walked through the streets of Dumaguete in darkness.

I actually feel pity for them as a lot of spirit, energy and time was spend in practice and preparation of the dances and costumes, which were now hard to recognize in the dark streets ...

Here some picture from the Kabulakan 2008 to compare how much nicer it is even on as rainy day...

Anyway, I took 3 or so pictures

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    and a few more

Attached Files:

3. gecko

gecko DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Rhoody, does any one know the dates of the 2011 Kabulakan Festival. I have a couple of sons coming to visit in May, and I thought it might be nice if they could be here during the festival. I haven't made their reservations yet, so I need to know pretty soon, so I can make arrangements.
    Also, thanks for fixing the search feature of the site. Much Better.

Gecko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.