Dumaguete Info Search

Kawasaki 450 dirtbike?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Ninja, May 1, 2012.

1. Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Guys, I recall reading a thread or comment from a member who was looking at selling their Kawasaki dirtbike. If you know of him, or it is you reading this, could you please forward me your details as I am after a dirtbike with a little more guts....I already have the XR 200 and it has suited me fine for the past few years. Just looking for a upgrade.

Have already sent a email to Kens trading, he offered me a KTM 520EXC for 360,000 Pesos.

KTM models are always expensive. I dont know what year it is so am waiting back for a reply as it is alot for a second hand bike. Will try to negotiate unless someoe else in the forum knows of someone who is willing to sell.

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Owner of the Finish Line at the airport, has a couple of KLX 450's for sale I believe, if interested. However, they are high cost maintenance (unless you are a Filipino, then you don't do any of that whatsoever). He will be there, near the end of May I think.

3. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why would a KLX be high cost maintenance??

That KTM 520 has been in and out of Ken's repair shop over the past few months. You could get a better price on it, don't pay asking price. It's been for sale for a long time

Or check OZRacing in Cebu, they usually have some bikes there on consignment.

4. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ken sold the KX or was it a KLX400.. a couple months ago they had there to a foreigner who was about to get married.

5. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can have the XR200 bored to 230cc for about p10,000 incl port work, and even add a stroker if you want.

6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Converted for Enduro racing I believe.

7. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The same shop will add CRF450 usd forks to an XR200 (p28,000 I think) and an Al swing arm/shock off of a CRF.

Not as fast as a KTM520, but a whole lot cheaper.

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Also, you could also just save yourself the bother of modifications and go to the used car lot(somebody's caryard), just past the runway,(500m?) left side going north. They had some Yamaha trailies for sale, or the one further up the road, right side, used bikes and cars too, think I saw a blue trailie, something there in the last couple of days.
    Jun-Jun Chuang,(Ken's) is expensive and has spares rarely, especially for KTMs, only one dealer in Manila, internet is the most practical way to get parts, I know, I have one.

9. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's the rub...getting spare parts for other model bikes.

Lots of spares for XR200s just about anywhere you go?

10. OP
    OP
    Ninja

Ninja DI Member

Computer Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks for the response guys.....might check out the Yamaha Trail bike...TTR 250? They are normally reliable. Boring out the engine to a 230 for the XR wouldnt be too bad...but may reduce the life of the engine? At least I have some alternative ideas.

I will be heading off to Cebu as well som may stop and check out OzRacing as mentioned.

Again thanks for the advice!