Dumaguete Info Search

Kia Motors Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by KINGCOLE, Jan 28, 2016.

1. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    transport-garage-repair-fix-payment-invoices-rnin274_low (1).jpg

Took my wife's Kia Picanto in today for it's one year service. Took forever to tell us what items would need to be changed and how much it would cost. My wife now queries everything that is billed to us, she looked at the bill and asked what each item was. When she got to the 4th item, she was told that this was the technicians gloves and cloth ( 250 peso ) and were genuine Kia items. I said what the f##k, do we have to pay for soap to wash his hands. My wife quickly told him to remove the item and that it was like hospitals here, where you are even charged for the toilet roll. The moral of this story is, always check everything you are billed for, as someone will always try to make a little extra on the side.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Good post, informative. When you say 'one year service' do you mean it's only 1 yr old? If you've had it longer, has it been a decent car?

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I have found Filipinos have no problems asking for the moon, but they will also back down quickly if nicely addressed. Embarrass them :shamefullyembarrased:, or cause they to loose face (WTF that means) :mad: and they can be come as obnoxious :devilish: as a foreigner.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Reminds me of going to one of the 7-11's here in Dumaguete and they gave me a busted cup for a Slurpee but couldn't tell until I started to fill it. I went to the counter to get another cup because it was busted and they happily gave me another. I filled my Slurpee (the 4th one of an order of 4) and as proceeding to leave they stopped me saying I had to pay another 40p because I used another cup and the Slurpee's go with the cup. I tried to explain again nicely that THEY gave me a defective cup that was broken and they tried saying it was my fault because I didn't know what I was doing. At that point the security guard stepped over towards me. Come then I lost it and went loud mouthed big @ss foreigner on them and told them and the guard to get the f*** out of my way or to call the police and we'll see what they have to say. Then immediately told the security guard if he put his hands on me it will be the last thing he remembers. The security guard just quietly looked around and backed over to the far corner away from the door while I gave my evil *smile* remembering to say *thank you* as I left.

Sometimes being the polite guy showing their mistake allowing them a way out simply doesn't work. In that case its best be a very intimidating guy who looks very dangerous.

5. johncarson

johncarson DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +252 / 19
    Sometimes Russian Roulette can be a fun game to play.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I suppose that's one way of doing it :wideyed:. Personally, if they were being that stubborn I would have (calmly) asked the P40 "defective Slurpee" be put on a separate receipt, then take pictures of the Slurpee/broken cup that I was charged for (and also get pictures of the their Franchise and business permits) and tell them I was going to send it to the 7-11 corporate headquarters in Manila. If they said "ok" to that I would have dished out the extra P40, went home and then actually contacted the 7-11 corporate customer support....mainly out of curiosity of how they would handle such a claim/ridiculous policy. (Also, maybe they would given me some free stuff or type me an apology letter that I could brag about and post online/show to the manager of the offending 7-11 manager. :biggrin:)

Now, if I were bored, had plenty of time to waste (I almost always have plenty of time to waste :wink:) and I just wanted to mess with them/get out of the paying the extra 40 pesos (out of principle) I would have, again, told them to separate the broken cup from the order (using the same reasoning as above) and once the legitimate product was paid for I would have had my gf take the stuff to the car/outside/home and then say I'm not paying for the broken cup and asked them to call the manager. If they said the manager wasn't in town/available I would have pulled out the smartphone and searched for these numbers - 7-Eleven Customer Hotline : (0917) 714 7190, (0922) 879 2134 - and gave it a ring. I'm almost certain the conversation would be hilarious and it most likely would have led to the employee/manager/franchise owner having to waste a lot of time on the phone with corporate and potentially wasting even more time going over 7-Eleven franchise training/policies (that every franchise owner must go through prior to opening up shop).

Getting all aggressive/confrontational can lead to legal/police problems for the person using those tactics.....and if the intentions are to get your way/mess with the other person this usually doesn't help a person achieve those goals (and if it does work there could be some serious repercussions that stem from that attitude at a later time). When I am messing with someone/voicing my concerns about an unethical or unfair policy I want them to have a bad day, not me. And when the business in question is a franchise you always have a way to mess up their day/waste their time if they are in the wrong. :wink:

I only find this reaction (or "show of force") appropriate when someone is being aggressive or trying to intimidate me first.....and a guard that is 5'6" and weighs a buck-40 cannot intimidate me just by walking towards me to listen to the conversation or acting like he is going to, what, "arrest" me? lol (If I didn't leave with any products that weren't paid for what can a guard....or the police....do about it? I don't really know, but if I took the second "I'm bored" option above I'd be more than willing/happy to find out....and then report back here on any lessons learned. :biggrin:)

Also, I can't recall a single incident where a Filipino has tried to bully me or use intimidation/aggression to get something out of me. Expats on the other hand.....happens quite frequently with me for some reason. I really don't understand why that happens to me though; I sit at restaurants/bars and mind my own business and don't talk with anyone I don't know unless they speak with me first....then some prick come out of nowhere demanding I move out of "their" seat/table, sit their empty bottles right in front of me, try hitting on my gf when I'm sitting right next to her and talking to her. What gives with that nonsense? At least Filipinos have a little respect and wait until I go to the CR to hit on my gf. lol Ok, going off topic and getting a little long winded, I'll stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Absolutely 100% correct. Nothing may ever come of it but given half a chance the offended party would get passive aggressive revenge like cutting the valve stem on your motorbike almost all the way through so next time you take a corner it is very possible to blow out and cause you to crash. IMPO not worth it. Especially for less than $1USD. They won't do it face to face but rather behind your back. Also remember Filipino's never forget a foreigner who upsets them ever. It might be 10 years later but they will get revenge if possible in a myriad of ways. I have witnessed this so many times and in so many ways it's just not worth it. I would do something similar to what Wyre83 said. Much more productive and a bit of fun too!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, the car is a 1.2 litres a/t & only 1 year old, bought from Kia Dumaguete. My wife is very happy with the car, as it easy to drive and park.

9. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This was the second incident within a week, where someone from Kia Dumaguete had interfered in a matter regarding the renewal of our car insurance. I let that one go, as I didn't want to make a scene and possibly cause someone to lose their job. Therefore, I felt justified in loosing my temper somewhat.