Dumaguete Info Search

Kiwi Dive Resort in Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    This is a very quiet resort, when we stayed there we were the only customers in the resort.

We were supposed to stay in Kiwi Dive Resort in Siqijor for 2 days, but the staff would not help us when we had a problem on the first night, so we checked out the next morning and went back to Dumaguete.

We were sitting outside in he restaurant at dusk, and we were simply getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, we asked the staff to help us get either mosquito repellant or mosquito coils to keep the critters at bay.

All requests to the Kiwi Dive Resort staff were met with sorry Sir no stock or sorry Sir we can not get that here.

In the end our girlfriends ventured out of the resort with a flash light, not knowing where to go and what to do, but they wanted to try to get some mosquito coils. It took them 15 minutes to get back to the resort with a bag full of mosquito coils.

Funny to be the only customers in a resort with more employees than we were checked in, they live there and know their way around, but still nobody cared to help us.

Also I booked and paid for an aircon room, when we checked in the aircon seemed not to work, and when I asked the staff about it they said yeah we have to turn it on outside for it to work in the room. I thought that cleared it, but later when I went back to the room, still no aircon. I went down and asked the staff in the reception again, and got the answer: "Are you sure you really need it?" - Not really the answer I was looking for after having booked and paid for an aircon room.

Later the staff talked to my girlfriend and told her that I was maarte and I have bad attitude...

This is a quote from the Kiwi Dive Resort website:

Not really the warm and fussy feeling the staff let us, the only customers in the resort feel - Needless to say I wont stay there again and we checked out a day early.

I wonder why their resort was empty...

2. phildiver

phildiver One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    kiwi dive resort

Hello Mr Dane, I found this post while I searching the Internet and like to explain my own story.

I visit Philippines every year for 5 years, always I stay Kiwi Dive Resort for maybe 10 days diving and rest.

I amaze read your letter because kiwi staff to me kind, helpful all times. Many friends I make here that I meet again there. The dive master is not free lance, his name Neal, I make more than 80 dives with him since 2001.

I agree mosquito a problem at sun set, but same all over Philippines. My cottage always have net so sleep is good and quiet.

Anyway sorry you have bad time, for me I enjoy all time and return this year.

Phidiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.