Dumaguete Info Search

ktv bars in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by ENIGMA, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm visiting Dumaguete in March and I must admit I'm partial to a bit of singing. Although my wife introduced me to karoke she doesn't now appreciate my singing.So wont be coming with me.
    I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the ktv bars in Dumaguete,especially the ones which were popular with foreigners.
    Any information appreciated.

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well, there are KTV bars, and then there are KTV GRO bars. The former have karaoke for singing, the latter have Karaoke for sitting next to overweight Filipinas trying to get you to buy them ladies drinks and more.

Rhoody is the expert on the later.:smile: The Karaoke machines are everywhere in every other sari sari along every road in every barangay, but not sure you would be comfortable sitting on a bench surrounded by drunk Filipinos.

What is it you are looking for?

3. OP
    OP
    ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi RHB,thanks for reply.I thought I would start a thread on KTV bars,as I've seen bits on these bars scattered through the forum.It would be nice to put up to date info' on these bars in one place.

No I don't want to sit next to drunk Filipinos,in sari sari stores.I'm looking really for the KTV bars where foreigners hang out.

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well I am not the expert as I don't frequent karaoke bars, I operate a small one, and I don't need the extra exposure :smile:

Drunk foreigners and or Filipinos will be found in all of them:D The boulevard has what you describe, once here it will take you 10 minutes to find them. Sibulan(airport area) has more of the bikini bar type places. Seems they are always moving and changing their names. Word is out in the local paper that they are trying to close these places in Sibulan, but as in all things here, it probably will blow over.
    Someone else here can name the places I am sure.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    On my investigantion I could not find a foreigner KTV bar. I know a simple one where some foreigners hanging out sometimes but they usually don't sing Karaoke there, very nice place, clean great staff SMB 20 Peso SML 25...
    Devlins has also Karaoke-nights

We need a vocalist for our jamming, so you might be the victim, hehe

Rhoody

6. OP
    OP
    ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Rhoody,I love jam nights,a few years back I used to always frequent a pub not far from me where guys used to jam.I never plucked up the courage then to sing.
    I notice Devlins are trying to have jam nights every fortnight.Can you give me any example of the music they tend to play,for example Hotel California?

Thanks for the information ,so far.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Enigma,
    the music played there is a weired mix, as the regular guys (including me) are 4 complete different music-generations/styles... Rock/Metal, Blues, Dixieland and 50/60.

but somehow we work it out and I need to play Cliff Richard and DeconPhils plays Status Quo. But it does not matter...
    It is about the fun we have, the beers we drink and the girls who dance (if there are some)...
    Devlins wants to make it each Saturday, but I don't have the time for that, I try to go there each second week.

cheers

Rhoody

8. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    KTV´s in DMGT

Well, there aren`t any really great KTV´s in Dumaguete, but I guess the main one would have to be Ang Boulevard next to Coco Amigos on.... you guessed it... the boulevard. Why Not also has a new KTV in the back of the place, but havn`t been there yet. There are also a few small places on the Sibulan side of the border. All employ GRO´s, if that´s what you meen by "western style".

There also used to be a KTV in the tennis club in Motong, but for now this place is closed and it is also for rent/sale, so probably will open up as something completely new.

9. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    or anywhere else in the world!! tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Maybe we can start a thread, "you know your in a Philippine KTV bar if..."

• Like Like x 1
  10. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The New Pararama in Sibulan has just opened a KTV bar that is ideal for foriegners. Its even been partially sound proofed, good place to take the girls and enjoy a beer or so whilst they are singing thats if your to shy to your self. Place its a good clean place to swim in the sea.

The food is quiet good there so far not been served any bad meals. But I highly recommend the new KTV with no girlies for sure.

If you go there you need transport as its hard to get a tricycle when I dont use my scooter I normal arrange for a tricycle to pick me up at a set time to take me home.

I think wednesday is the day your find most ex-pats there. But there is normally a few knocking about each and every evening drinking very cold beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.