Dumaguete Info Search

Last nights Storm!(Sunday 14th June.)

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by Jack Peterson, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :jawdrop: Talking to a couple of friends and reading some where about damage done I thought that this link may prove beneficial to a few if not many here. Seems the lightning created a lot of Surges and created damage and havoc. Any way have a read and see if there is a need in your house to take alternative action over and above the Norm we all do.

What's the "Best" Whole-House Surge Protection? - SteveJenkins.com

Better safe than Sorry:wideyed: Yes it may be expensive but......... A call or visit to Polaris may be worth it in the End.

JP :bag: :wink:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Had a message from pato earlier, the storm fried both his routers and land line phone, just dropped by his place and the coco tree right next to his fence has the bark blown off all the way down where the lightening hit. This was maybe 10 m away from his house!
    These storms are very dangerous out here and also as been so hot for so long there are likely to be more.
    Good info there jp,will look into this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Compliments to Globe. Been using Globe Services for 8 years and never once complimented them. On the contrary, been ongoing complaints.
    Today I have to offer my compliments and thanks. My wife called Globe Customer Service about 2pm yesterday to report our Globe modem was fried and they had a service guy with parts fix the problem before noon today! Other than having to buy a new wifi, I guess I am lucky given the lightening struck all around our house for a scary 15 minutes or so.

I think lightening hit the pole or box where the Globe cable is and followed the cable into my house and fried the modems. Fortunately, my TV is on satellite so no damage. A friend lost his 48 inch TV.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Glad you got sorted so Quickly Pat:thumbsup: It is at times like this that we appreciated just how our lives can revolve round our IT connections. :wink:

JP :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1