Dumaguete Info Search

Lawyer shot dead.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by jimeve, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,391 / 807
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Lawyer from Dumagete was shot dead at his office. I knew him, he was a good honest family man, Iam still shocked, my brother-in-law text my wife and told me the tragic news. He was conveyancing our title.

Some one shot him in cold blood, I hope the killer rots in hell.

My condolence to his family and friends

2. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Hope the gun for hire and the guy/s behind him do, too.(rot in hell).

3. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I had just done some business with him, and he and his wife showed us some properties for sale. Just a few weeks ago! Very shocking.

4. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Reading this made me wonder....of the dozens of murders in the past few years in Dumaguete, have ANY of them been resolved? Are any of the hired guns or their employers behind bars?

Also, any update on the case of the attempted murder of forum member Rev. Robinson? Is the ex-cop perpetrator still walking the streets looking for his next victim?

Just curious for a 'Justice Scorecard' for the City of Gentle People.

P.S. I noticed the chorus of "it happens everywhere" seems to have died down...

5. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    lawyer

I noticed the name "Archer"....is this the same Archer that also works for the real estate company? He also had showed us some properties, if it is the same guy.........they say they have no motive yet, I just wonder what it could be? A disgruntled client, perhaps?

6. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The lawyer that was shot dead is Archer Martinez, not (directly) connected to Islandproperties

7. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have dealt with both Archers and they are not the same person.

8. Martillo

Martillo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mr. Martinez was our neighbor in bagacay for 4 years. Not that I knew him good, but our sons are school mates and friends and would visit each others. This is truly shocking.

9. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Two Students Gunned Down?

Outrage - FROM THE STANDS By Domini M. Torrevillas - The Philippine Star » News » Opinion

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?publicationSubCategoryId=64&articleId=717259

Dumaguete, the city of gentle people, is no more. The killing the other week of lawyer Archer Baldwin Martinez is the latest in a series of unsolved murders and homicides that has kept the population in a state of anger and anxiety. Attorney Martinez, IBP Lawyer Chapter vice-president, was shot three times in his office in broad daylight, bringing the number of unsolved extrajudicial killings to 19 this year. Last year’s ten murders and 15 homicides — a total of 25 — are unsolved. Two days ago, two students gunned down by motorcycle-riding men are fighting for their lives, if they have not died already, at this writing.

Continued...

10. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Thanks for posting the article....so it stands at 44 unsolved murders in the City of Gentle People since the beginning of 2010. Does anyone know if their have been ANY resolved murder cases? I mean are the murderers really batting 1000 and the Justice system 0?!?

Then you add on the 140 robberies, 200 theft cases and 60 carnappings SO FAR this year....all unsolved. But the police have it all under control and you have nothing to worry about and it could happen anywhere. Right?

I come from a college town albeit a bit smaller in population than Dumaguete. To have more than one murder a year there is a big thing. And almost all murders are solved. The City of Gentle People has a very real problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.