Dumaguete Info Search

LBC Korea

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by ShawnM, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Not sure if any members or visitors to the forum are in Korea like I am; but LBC has an office in Seoul and can drop off boxes and pick up in other places. I'm in Daegu, which is, I believe the 3rd largest city, so I've gotten Jumbo boxes dropped off within a couple days of calling them. It does take a bit longer to get them picked up but as I'm leaving soon they did pick the last 3 boxes up in just over a week after I contacted them.

150,000 won (under $130 US or around 6,600 peso) to Negros and once shipped have taken less than a month with no issues other than some damage to a box that was re-taped in Manila...that was a very heavy box with a bunch of tools.

The first 2 pick-ups were done by Filipino drivers in LBC trucks and you can pay cash to them (I'm a cash kind of guy) the last one was done by a Korean...who expected me to haul the boxes down and as an independent contractor to LBC I had to get one of my Korean staff to wire the money to LBC.

Local phone number in Korea for English and Filipino is 1522-3428 or just Google LBC Korea.

7 boxes have arrived with 3 more on the way...good value in my opinion.

A side note that I found funny...Balikbayan boxes are a big deal on delivery. 5 of the boxes arrived last week; 2 were full of tools which only excites me the others various things to include both US and Korean stuff. I also sent a few bags of apple chips for the grill and that seemed odd to folks as to why I would send wood chips home as I could get wood chips anywhere; once I toss some on the BBQ I think it will make sense...or maybe not.

Shawn

• Funny Funny x 1