Dumaguete Info Search

Le Chalet and the Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Travel Guide, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Guide

Travel Guide DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I got up early this morning to take my long overdue hike at the Boulevard. I haven’t been diligent in keeping fit and quite frankly need to shed some pounds. Much to my surprise I was not the only one intending to do so – there were hikers, bikers and joggers plying my same route all of whom were gracious enough to flash a smile or two, a typical pleasing Dumagueteño attitude. Ah, the City of Gentle People…

The Boulevard is fantastic in the early mornings, just as it is at night. At 5 o’clock the road is deserted save for a few motor cabs and vehicles perhaps just about to head home -- remnants of a wild night in party town? I savor the whiff of salty air and the wind on my hair. Too bad I didn’t get the sunrise. I’ll be sure to come a bit earlier next time.

Later on that morning, as I passed along Le Chalet, a comfy café and restaurant in Why Not Musicbox building, I noticed their catchy breakfast sign. Tourists were already milling around, some having their breakfast fill, some just sipping coffee while watching the world go by. What better way to start the day! I’m going in now… and why not indeed?

What I like most about Why Not is not the coffee but the very courteous waitresses who are more than willing to attend to your every whim. They are well mannered and polite and they can converse fairly in English. I was served my Continental breakfast made up of a not-so-little glass of refreshingly cold orange juice, butter, jam (their mango jam is sumptuous), fresh fruit and warm rye bread just taken out from the oven. I am careful not to wolf it all down lest I defeat my pound shedding intentions…

At the Why Not Musicbox bulletin board, you see a lot of postings of properties for sale or for rent -- whether house and/or lot or vehicles and other interesting valuables. You might want to check it out. Who knows what you might find?

While you’re there, you can go to the internet station for a quick check on your mail. Or you may want to do some internet browsing too. There is a very minimal fixed hourly rate and the room is fully airconditioned. And this is just one of Musicbox's many traveler-friendly amenities.

Was it the hike or the breakfast? I felt particularly recharged that morning but couldn’t quite distinguish from what source. Perhaps the exercise did well in revving up my metabolism and the breakfast, in satisfying my gastronomic cravings. A hike at the Boulevard and continental breakfast at Le Chalet: perfect combination!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.