Dumaguete Info Search

Lee Plaza Food Court, 3rd Floor

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by nipjap, May 29, 2012.

1. nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We were in Dumaguete shopping. Lunch time rolled around and we decided to do lunch at the Lee Plaza Food Court. The family members ordered Filipino food from one of the various food vendors. I spotted a Italian Food Stall(forgot the name) and ordered lasagna and pizza(big mistake!) The lasagna and pizza was sitting in the enclosed display case. Don't know when it was made or how long it's been sitting there. Anyway lasagna was terrible. Looked like thin wide noodles layered with no fillings swimming in a brown colored sauce. The pizza contained white and yellow cheeses, some type of meat on it, topped with sliced hard boiled egg. To call this grub, "Italian Food" is a total insult to all Italians! Be advised, patronize this food stall at your own risk. Oh, there is a added "Bonus" eating this grub....Montezuma's Revenge, the next day.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    ouch!

But, Lee Plaza food carts and junk stands are hardly the culinary capitol of the Philippines.

I'll tell you what's helped me here. I grocery shop and I know the COST of food. I know what the ingredients cost. So, when I see a hamburger with all the toppings priced at 39pesos and buy one get one free, I KNOW that it's IMPOSSIBLE to produce a hamburger at that price.

Likewise, a 79Peso pizza is IMPOSSIBLE to produce. It's going to be the quick melt grease filled cheese and the very cheapest of hot dog or pressed mystery meat toppings served on a crust that's about the same consistency of a cardboard box top. .

3. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the guy who owns Edielweiss (sp) runs that place you ate at Lee.

And the one at Robs food court

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The guy with the Pizza in Lee and Robinsons certainly does not own Edelweiss

5. OP
    OP
    nipjap

nipjap DI Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I have eaten at Lee Plaza on my last vacation in 09, but had Filipino food which was OK. Next time, I'll be more selective of what I purchase. That pizza you describe almost sounds like the one I ordered....except, it didn't contain those fire engine red hot dog slices.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Rhoody is correct.....

7. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since we were walking by Alex Pizza whatever it's called at the back of Robs foodcourt today, I asked if it was the same Alex that owns Edelweiss, and the girl working there said Yes..

I think I've asked there previously, maybe even after seeing him behind the counter at that foodcourt location..

Dunno

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    no it is not...

Alex is the half-brother (or something like that) of Egon the owner of Edelweiss and Dumaguete Springs, Alex was employed at Edelweiss until 1.5 years ago and managed the restaurant. since than no connection whatsoever other than a good guest with discount.
    quite frank, your "insider sources" from people you know know or talk to appear in most of your statements pretty much wrong and not very reliable, it appears.

9. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah I get it now. Alex was up at his Robs food court today, and the other girl later said he is the boss. The first girl there I asked before must not know he is no longer associated with Edelweiss.

If asking someone who works there turns up the wrong answer, I have no control over that.

If you don't believe the cost of the new McDo outlet, you can hear it from the horse's mouth at McDo anytime.

Bring your stack of franchise cost paperwork with you..