Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Lee Plaza

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by cebubrit, Sep 24, 2016.

1. cebubrit

cebubrit DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Anyone who cares enough about the environment to use reusable shopping bags, and not plastic bags, should avoid trying to shop at Lee Plaza Supermarket. I was turned away by the security guards at both entries yesterday. One told me I had to use plastic bags, like everyone else. Naturally, I took my custom elsewhere, and will not return until this ridiculous policy is reversed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    This has come up Before, what they don't like is for people to take bags into the Area for fear of Shoplifters, Yes! it can be very aggravating but those are their rules and Robinson's are the same. You will find many of the Larger outlets Times etc will be the same, just one of those things we have to live with I am Afraid. I was once told nothing stopping you putting it into your bags after checkout, I have seen many do this but it is quite farcical to Watch, them lads do know how to pack it in the plastics.

3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I can follow your opinion, more over you made a point. In most European countries customers bring their own bag to put in their shopping. In the event you don't have a bag you can still buy a plastic bag. Same I recently noticed in Hong Kong where I did some shopping (not supermarkets) that the shop charge you a couple of HK$ when you don't want to leave the shop with the item you bought unwrapped.
    My five cents thinking, it will be a looooong way before it will be accepted by the people in this country to change their habit with respect to this issue.
    Shops will not take the initiative afraid to loose customers. A new city order also will not work I am afraid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    The people here need the plastic bags to start their fires. The locals here seem to have a addiction to burning things and the plastic bags work well for them. They don't care about the environment. When I lived on Leyte island my neighbor actually took the foam insulation out of a refrigerator and used that to start his cooking fires.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    cebubrit

Retired
    Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    No, not true. NO problem at ether Robinsons outlets or the Hypermart. Just Lee Plaza

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    You could always save the plastic bags for recycling. I have seen bales of waste plastic being loaded on trucks in Duma.

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Hmmmmmmm now this is Odd as they are one and the same Company, I have been asked many times to put ours Bags in the Service Counter

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Now, over Dinner Tonight we spoke about this, My friends wife told us that she bought one of those Reusable bags from Robinson's for something like 20 peso? and took it to LP, having got it into the Food Section The Checkout girl said you can't use that here as it is not ours, I am wondering now if this is the problem you have encountered, The Fact that it has not Got Lee Plaza Plastered all over it? :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    cebubrit

Retired
    Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    No, had anyone made such a stupid remark I would have called the manager! The problem lies at the entrance, where the guards make everyone trying to enter leave ALL bags at the service counter. If carrying a backpack, holdall, whatever that makes sense - but NOT reusable shopping bags.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I guess he would have told you the same as the guards ( if he had wanted to talk to you) so rather than go round in circles I will just wish you Happy Shopping :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1