Dumaguete Info Search

Left by the ship

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Sep 5, 2014.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hi guys this might be a bit controversial, but here goes.
    A friend of mine gave me a documentary about GI girlfriends left behind.
    Not able to upload the disc, anyone wishing to watch it, the title of this thread is also the name of the documentary film.
    Look forward to your opinions on this subject.....JB

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/left-by-the-ship/

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Controversial on DI Forum?.........OMG I am truly aghast. O-xI

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hence one of the reasons I never had a one night stand before I married, why I never cheated on my two wives, the thought of having a child out there, without their Father in their life was the sole reason I never wanted to play around.

My 5 Boys have jibed me how they have had more Girlfriends than me, and I told them why this was so, and recently one of my Boys had an 11 year old knocking at his door, DNA proved he was the Dad and he stepped up to the plate. Mind you it has caused him some problems with his current family, but he never knew and I am very proud of him that he manned up pronto when told and has taken full responsibility.

I honestly do not know how anyone can just walk away knowing that they have a child they are turning their back on, I could never do it... :(

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Not proud of this, I have 1 in Australia. I fell in love with a Thai lady when I was in the Northern territory. My visa ran out and I had to leave, we had plans to meet up in Thailand. Soon after I arrived here my friends called to tell me she became a gold digger as soon as I left. I found out later that we had a baby. I have put my name out on the internet everywhere I can in hopes one day we will meet. it's been 15 years now.

5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Then you know Ron, that feeling of having a child out there not know what or where they are, wondering if they are looking for you, I weighed up those emotions when I was younger and decided not to place myself in that position, however in a twist, a reverse backhander of sorts, I had two kids to my first wife and 3 to my second, only to discover many years on, I had 1 child from each. I regard them as mine today as blood does not make one family in my mindset, but now for some reason I am the one paying the price as if it was me who played up and hid the fact...

Many times, the Mother is worse, as they often say; "Only a Mother knows who the real Father is". But they will hold onto the lie that benefits them the most, and nationality has nothing to do with that. Last time I read the statistics from Child Support Agency here pushing for DNA testing, 43.3% of Men who were required to undertake testing found they were supporting another Man's child.

Bottom line, it is the kids who often suffer the most due to poor judgement made by either/both Parent/s...

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Inspirational & Soul Searching !

JB, Threads like this which are both interesting and Inspirational never start out to be Controversial. It is only when, Argumentative, Arrogant people (Usually with something to hide) Start to post with the sour Grapes or Bad Negative, Know all Attitude, only when some of these types start posting, does the Thread get anywhere near, Controversial

This post is Good and highlights a lot that many, may not have given much thought to or as we are reading, Pricks a Conscience or two

Well done JB

JP:smile:

7. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    i have often wondered what a "ghast" is..the same goes for a "lert" and a "stute"

8. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Pareho Mate ^5

9. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Thanks for highlighting this JB , a very sad predicament that some of these young people find themselves in , a sense of not being wanted . Really quite sad when people don't take ownership or responsibility for their actions , I was going to stay quiet for a while , but when I seen non confrontational posts on a worthy thread I thought I would support it . It's good when it is not all about the argument , but sharing opinions and story's on matters like this , looking also for the beauty in the human spirit not just the mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jcr2rAYRmmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnMHLdABP2g

10. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    xhippie, this is how the word is used. Albeit not often by me, not much shocks me anymore. :D

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=aghast