Dumaguete Info Search

liers

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by weena, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why are some guys born liers?it sucks!!!!

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    We learned from girls

3. OP
    OP
    weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah,right!!!!guys fool girls!!!

4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    "When people are smiling they are most receptive to almost anything you want to teach them"

Allen Funt

5. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    well guys are born from and raised by women and so you got to wonder

well in short, talk is cheap judge people by their actions and always wonder about their motivation and objectives, avoid situations where people can screw you or they will likely do so plenty.

be weary of people who claim to be romantic it is an excuse to get away with anything, make it your goal to be independent not dependent, etc

6. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Weena, do u mean liars????
    It is not just men who lie, women too and theres many of them... :wink: :wink: :wink:

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sounds like a disappointed relation... here my theory... for each lying guy must be a woman who is doing exactly the same, at least as long as the world population is nearly 50-50

Having said that, I was traveling the world a lot and never ever heard so many female lies than in the Philippines... from I love you (and not the bank-account) to "out of stock (because there is a bowl of ice on the table and they a lazy to move the lobut) to "Need tuition fee" (replacable with Karabow dead, cousin in hospital, and and and) to "maybe next week" (when they know it will never happened) and some 100 Millions more.... but of course they are alllll "white lies" what could be translated with "women in the PI talking Karabow-poo"

While guys in the PI usually can't look at all into your face when trying to tell you lies (unless they are attorneys)

Maybe sounds hard, but that is my observation in 8 years living here in the PI (and not only in Duma)

.... oops forgot one of my favorite: of course I have no boyfriend, this is my cousins brother, he takes care of our house when you are back in your country ..

... or how about: "but I am different"

again, just observations and my opinion, which does not really count

8. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your impression of Filipinos is very poor. I wonder why most of you guys are still here ?

Here is my take:

As far as men not looking you in the eye, it is cultural. Asians in general do not keep eye contact in conversaions it is not because they are lying, it is considered rude to keep staring at the other persons eye.

As for lying women , and women who are in relationship just for money , that happens everywhere. It may seem so prevalent in the Philippines to you guys. I think it is because most of the girls you meet are just trying to survive To put it bluntly , they come from very poor families. Most of them look like they come from remote barrios. We see you guys with the girls and their families in tow. I am not putting them down, but that is the truth.

You are not likely to meet nice and well educated women in the Philippines. It happens, but rarely. This is because there is a stigma to going around with white men. This dates back to world war 2 when there were a lot of american soldiers around. Girls who went around with them were considered of low morals.

There is so much you have to learn about the social interplay in the Philippines, but I don't think you guys are interested.All you do is bash the people .

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    felisa, of course I was aware that my post stirs up some... and it was my intension...

Anyway, I said no word that that happens to me, just observations.. I was working with hundreds Filipinas/nos together, according to your own words that means women are rude ??? WOW, I would never say this..

what you are doing in your post is verifying my statement with giving excuses why it is like that. One of the biggest issues about that is that many are living in those excuses instead of accepting things and trying to change it.

there is also NO country worldwide with more women begging for money online and in chat-rooms (sorry that I most likely know a bit more than you about internet). That and several "destination" in your country play a big role in the gross-income of the PI and helps a lot to keep it going somehow. (BTW, it's the oldest business in the world and has nothing at all to do with WW2 and american soldiers)

of course many people are not here to have high qualified discussions about world-politics, Shakespeare and Goethe.

There are plenty of threads about the PI-education-level and the worldwide acceptance/value of it on DI, so no need to talk about that anymore.

I don't bash anybody at all, It is my choice of living here for many reasons and if you take your time you will find some out in many older posts ...

have a great day (I will),
    cheers

Rhoody

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Is the problem that the man is a born liar, or is the problem that the Filipina get's it in her head that the man is telling her a lie and nothing short of an act of god will change her mind about it.

When dealing with Filipina's I think of this line from the Terminator.

Except I would amend it to read like this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.