Dumaguete Info Search

Life beyond Mcdonalds

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by barkada, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Planning an Easter trip to Don Salvador Benedicto, in the middle of Occidental. Its the only place we havent been on the Island. Does anyone know if there is accom there? Then plan to take crossing from Pulupandan to Guimaras , has anyone used this ? I have a fear of small craft at sea after horror trip to Apo so if anyone knows the size of the bancas they use. ...?

2. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Tell us more about your Apo trip.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Happened last week:

Back to topic..

It's been a while since I was up there, but I think the closest you can have is the Highland Resort (was under construction back than but looked fancy).

Don't know the ferry to Guimaras, but would not expect much ... shoot Jellyfish a PM, I think to remember that he goes to Guimaras once in a while.

4. jennefer maguila

jennefer maguila DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi!

Hi! I am from Pulupandan. The boat size is a little bit bigger compare to Boracay boat if you have been there. It can carry 60 to 80 people.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    What was the cause? Driver error or equipment malfunction? Rough seas, in and of themselves, sound like a contributing factor, but was it the only factor?

6. OP
    OP
    barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody and Jennefer. I think Highland resort is closer to San Carlos but looks nice. Boat size is reassuring. I wasnt on the capsized boat last week, thankfully. Lucky that Atlantis boat was nearby or it would have been a real disaster. My trip to Apo was 2 years ago on regular pump boat. Started of calm but weather quickly deteriorated. We were all soaked and perched on those little benches . The swell was way above the boat and i was really worried that the engine would conk out due to the water we were taking on. The clincher was when I saw how worried the pilot looked. We turned back around half way . Never been so glad to get on dry land . When we got back we were told that a storm signal had been posted after we left. I vowed then never to get one of those little boats to Apo again even if the sea is as calm as a mill pond.

7. jennefer maguila

jennefer maguila DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

Yeah..but ridding in a boat is really exciting...hehehehheeh

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    We are using regularly the banka trip from Pulupandan to Guimaras. It's not at all comparable with the banka boats which go to Apo Island.
    Never been wet (from sea-water :wink:) on my trips to Guimaras which I can't say from trips to Apo Island.

9. OP
    OP
    barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Jellyfish, any idea of the sailing times?

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Tirambulo Highland Resort

Tirambulo Highland Resort is near Mabinay. My wife and I stayed there one night during our honeymoon 8 years ago. The grounds were terrific, but the cabins were literally falling down at that time. (Maybe have been upgraded since?) We intend to return one day.

Up the road a few KM is Niludhan falls, worth a visit if in the area. This is a beautiful area to spend a day trekking around, caving or not.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.