Dumaguete Info Search

List of Maikling Kuwento

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by The Dane, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I am compiling more lists for another Philippine website project, so I need a hand with this list of Filipino maikling kuwento as well :smile:

"Maikling kuwento" is Tagalog and it basically means "short stories"

2. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    what kind of maikling kuwento?

hmmm :confused: what kind of short stories, Kuya The Dane? its about legend, traditional ,fantasy? or out of the poem?.... my little one has a lot of story books, and its all short stories hehehehe:D with english and Tagalog in one book... for very low price its seam its like for free..

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I think classic Filipino stories...

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I know some classic Filipina stories, and some classic txt... does that count ?

5. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i know old classic story... its only fantasy and its been publish in old comics ... its look a small magazine but its so tin as its has only few pages... and each story is to be continue:( its komicks ZUMA ...the man with a snake on his neck.. then its popular that its in demand then.. the writer sell it to the producer to make movie "Ang Anak ni Zuma".... :smile: hehehe Zuma's daughter and also with a snake on her neck... her mission is to kill her father Zuma...hehehe:D

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Aganhon

AGANHON, THE BEAUTIFUL: Why the Mango is shaped like a heart.

Beautiful and kind Aganhon was the daughter of Daegdog and Mabuot. Daegdog had an explosive temper while Mabuot, his wife was kind and understanding.

Many young men courted Aganhon, but her father chose Maeopig (May-o-pig), a man who seemed like a younger version of Daegdog. Maeopig celebrated his triumph over all the other suitors.

Meanwhile Aganhon wept in misery. She could not bear the thought of spending the rest of her life with a man she did not love. Aganhon made herself a prisoner in her own room from the day her father sealed her fate.

On the day of the wedding, Aganhon disappeared. They found her dead by the little spring that flowed in the back of their house. She died of a broken heart.

Daegdog cried and blamed himself for not listening to her daughter but it was too late. One night, Aganhon appeared in her father's dream. She said that she had forgiven him. She told him to go to the spring. There, he found a tree with thick, sturdy branches and within its many green leaves were hundreds of heart-shaped fruits. The fruits were as sweet as Aganhon's skin. Most of them were hard and green. But the softer, riper ones had turned golden yellow.

The townspeople came to call the fruit "mango," meaning heart- shaped. Parents who eat mangoes are reminded never to break their children's hearts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    filipino maikling kuwento

I just edited my initial post to say filipino maikling kuwento to prevent any confusion :-)

So it is classic Filipino stories we are after :smile:

8. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You will learn a lot from this site. Not only the short stories featured here. This is a project of the Filipino Students at Northern Illinois University.
    Tagalog Short Stories FS

Mga Alamat:

Mga Alamat

Hope this is what your looking for.

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is it tagalog or English speaking stories ?

10. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    "click and you will find" :smile:

Tagalog Short Stories FS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.