Dumaguete Info Search

Litterbug pulls gun on security guard

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by shadow, Jun 12, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    An Austrian national was reported to have poked a gun at a security guard when he confronted the former for dumping garbage in the wrong neighborhood. This was reported in Infante Subdivision, Barangay Bagacay, Dumaguete City dawn Wednesday.

Complainant JunreyPolonio, 23, security guard of DMD Pad Dormitory told the police that he caught a foreigner identified as EgonJastrzemski who spilled out a sack of garbage waste in the premises of the said dormitory.

The victim said that when he confronted the foreigner, the latter pulled out a hand gun believed to be caliber 45 and pointed it to him then fled away.

Polonio added that he will definitely file charges against the respondent in order to teach him a lesson.

The Negros Chronicle - Dumaguete News | Latest Updates from Dumaguete City and around Negros Oriental, Philippines

Posted as news only, OP makes no comment.

Larry

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    He was probably just returning the favor! :smile:

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is more to the story, but the most important aspect if true is that the foreigner pulled a gun on the guard. Foreigners are not allowed to pack. If he had a gun, then he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The rest of the story does not matter.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I agree, if he pulled a gun he deserves what is coming to him. Is it true though? Any witnesses? Hopefully if no gun is found or no video evidence he is completely free of any charges, and then the guard locked up for making a false report (according to Filipino law a false report will get you the same amount of time as if the person you accused would have been sentenced.)

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Seems suspicious there is no mention of the police coming to the scene to investigate. Why would a guard not call the police if someone pulled a gun on them. Speculation, there is much more to this story.

6. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We lived in Dumaguete Springs Apartment Building, Lower Boracay for 4 years. Same building as Edelweiss Restaurant. The owners name was Egon Jastrzemski from Austria. I wonder if this Litterbug is the same guy using a gun on a body guard. Concealed weapon.
    What is missing here? I new him very well I thought, maybe I was wrong.

7. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The 150-day ban on the carrying of firearms outside residencies expires on Wednesday, June 12, Independence Day, which would somehow ease the regulations on possession of firearms, barely a month after the midterm national and local elections were held across the country.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It doesn't matter if he is a foreigner. There is no way for a foreigner to carry a firearm here, aside from the guys with diplomatic missions/visas. I didn't realize that he was the owner of Edelweiss.....now that I know that there is most definitely MUCH more to this story. Hasn't exactly won any popularity contests lately.

9. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it will make it worse because the incident happened before the gun ban ended today, June 12, foreigner or not. If no witnesses or video cams and no bodily harm, this accusation will be short lived. Soon we maybe will know the hole story behind garbage dumping.
    Why would the owner do such a thing when he have personnel taking care of both building and restaurant In 4 years I never so the owner clean or empty anything in or around the building. Mind bugling.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Be careful of using absolutes. There is ALWAYS a way! There may not be a LEGAL way, but there is almost always a way! Maybe it was his wife's or a "friend's" legally registered gun? Maybe it was "found", stolen, or borrowed? Who knows?