Dumaguete Info Search

Local Area news.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    SPEACHLESS LOL...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    I'll refrain from commenting as it would have moved this discussion to the 'Controversial Subjects' section... These snippets of valuable information could also have been placed in the Funny Stuff section though...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The must be joking.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Monty44

Monty44 DI Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    WHY IS THERE NO FOLLOW UP OR ( FOR THAT MATTER ) GOVERNMENT INTEREST, IN ACCIDENTS? I KNOW IT IS VERY POLITICAL, TO BRING UP THE LACK OF POLICE RESPONSIBILITY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT? I HAVE BEEN WITNESS TO MANY MOTORCYCLE & TRIKE ACCIDENTS!! THE PEOPLE INVOLVED ARE EITHER HOSPITALIZED OR DEAD!! BUT YOU NEVER HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT FROM THEN ON!! IS THIS CITY SO CORRUPT THAT IT BELONGS IN THE WILD-WILD WEST SHOWS? PEOPLE GETTING SHOT, HIT BY AUTO'S, HIT BY BUSES ALSO!! THEN YOU DON'T HEAR ANY MORE ABOUT IT!!
    MY WIFE & I SAW A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT EARLIER TODAY! THE GIRL WAS RUN INTO BY A BIKE GOING WAY TO FAST THROUGH A VERY BUSY INTERSECTION!! HE WENT SLIDING ON THE GROUND ABOUT 20 FEET, HE GOT TO HIS FEET, PICKED UP HIS BIKE, HOPPED ON AND TIED TO ESCAPE!! SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE WENT AFTER HIM, IN THE MEAN TIME THE GIRL JUST HAD A FEW BRUISES ON HER LEGS!! WE WENT ON HOME AND CALLED THE POLICE!! THE PEOPLE STANDING AROUND WATCHING WERE DEBATING WHETHER TO CALL THE POLICE OR NOT!! " FOR A HIT & RUN ACCIDENT " NOBODY TRUSTS THE POLICE ANYMORE? MAYBE BECAUSE ALL THE MOTOR RULES ARE BROKEN EVERYDAY, BY THE COPS!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Please try not to use caps locks or (shouting) in your posts,thanks.
    Good post though keep it up. Always interested in this sort of post.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    I can only speak to the few accidents that I know about;
    #1 my friend pulled out in front of a trike and it went arse over tea kettle. The incident was settled at the police station. My friend only paid resonable damages to the trike and the medical bills of the victim. When the trike driver (with a quasi lawyer) tried to go after crazy compensation the police told them to p*ss off and saved my friend a lot of trouble.
    #2 another friends car got rear ended by a kid on a bike. At the cop shop my friend offered to pay for a few bandages for the kid. Cops said "no sir not necessary".
    Later the kids family showed up at my friends place demanding money. So back to the cop shop. The cops told the family if they go back to my friends place again then they will all end up in jail. No more problem.
    #3 my stepson got hit hard by a drunk kid. Broken hand and a slightly messed up bike. We settled for repairs to the bike and medical bills. Again settled at the cop shop.
    There are other incidents I know of and they were all settled at the Police Station. The police seem to be very fair from what I've seen. Well, one exception; some drunk foreigner drove drunk through Bacong doing a hit and run on 3 separate vehicles and some serious personal injuries. The idiot was able to settle at the Police Station. I think maybe he should have ended up behind bars.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There are other incidents I know of and they were all settled at the Police Station. The police seem to be very fair from what I've seen. Well, one exception; some drunk foreigner drove drunk through Bacong doing a hit and run on 3 separate vehicles and some serious personal injuries. The idiot was able to settle at the Police Station. I think maybe he should have ended up behind bars.

I'm surprise the latter one is still alive as this wasn't the first time he has done this!

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had a local knock over my bike while he was drunk at Why Not. I didn't see a peso from him. His mother was very rude and disrespectful and told me it was my fault that her drunk son knocked over my bike :bored:. The police didn't give a crap and I just walked away and paid the 10k to repaint the bike myself. Wasn't worth dealing with that fat cow or the mama's boy. I did end up getting his bike impounded for a couple days though. :finger:

Another time I hit a girl running across the street on my motorcycle in Kalibo. She had a 7 peso prescription written at the hospital (their government hospital is actually free....for the girl and me...I just had to pay the electricity costs for them turning on the x-ray machine and the medication for my shoulder, the doctors and nurses wouldn't take anything for their services and insisted the hospital was free). The girl was given a clean bill of health from the doctors (she had a small scratch on her head). The family was fine with this at first and said everything was good to go and signed an agreement at the police station with me (drawn up by the police). The next day they come to the police station and say they want 20k pesos just in case she needs to go to the doctor again. The police were very indifferent on it and said I had to come to an agreement with them before they would release my bike and that the agreement that we signed the day before didn't count because the police can't write binding agreements. I told the father they could either take P8k and sign an agreement (drawn up by a lawyer and notarized) saying they would never come after me for more money or they could hire a lawyer and take me to court. They took the P8k and signed the agreement and the police released my bike.

I have been through the police station here in Dumaguete a couple times because of drunk friends acting like fools (a friend got drunk and tried to steal a locals scooter....then dropped it). The police were fair enough in those situations where my friends were at fault. I don't have a positive or negative view of the Dumaguete police really, seems it can go either way at the flip of a coin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    2 teen girls killed, 2 others hurt in Cebu motorcycle accident

By: Jhunnex Napallacan
    @inquirerdotnet
    Inquirer Visayas
    06:53 PM March 2nd, 2016

CEBU CITY — The parents of two young girls thought their daughters were out to eat tempura being sold along the road near their homes in Barangay Polpogan, Consolacion town in northern Cebu, on Tuesday night.

They were shocked when they were informed by their neighbors that Keithlin Lleve, 13, and Queenie Singson, 14, figured in a motorcycle accident with two young men along the national highway of Barangay Pitogo, Consolacion, at least three kilometers from their houses.

Police said Lleve, Singson, Darwin Saraguyo, 20 and Aldrin Jordan, 18, were on board a single motorcycle that collided with a 10-wheeler trailer truck about 10:20 p.m. on Tuesday.

Lleve succumbed to multiple injuries in the head and body at 3:06 a.m. on Wednesday at the government-owned Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC) in Cebu City.

Singson died in the same hospital at 5:53 a.m.

Saraguyo and Jordan, who were both from Barangay Jugan in Consolacion, were still under observation at the VSMMC.

PO1 Jean Pierre Punay, traffic investigator of the Consolacion police station, said Lleve’s mother told him that the girl was supposed to sleep at 8 p.m. on Tuesday when Singson, a neighbor, asked her to go with her to eat tempura being sold at the roadside.

The parents of the two girls did not know that they went to Barangay Jugan, he added.

Punay said that while they did not know what the two girls did in Jugan; their investigation showed that the two men came from a drinking session in Jugan.

He said the liquor test showed that Saraguyo was under the influence of liquor when he drove his motorcycle with three passengers on board.

Punay said Saraguyo did not also have a driver’s license when the accident happened. None of the four victims wore a helmet.

He said their investigation showed that the victims came from Barangay Jugan and were believed to be headed to Polpogan to bring home the two girls.

But upon reaching the national highway in Barangay Pitogo, the motorcycle crossed the national highway but collided with a trailer truck that was carrying a 10-footer van which came from Mandaue City on its way to Tuburan town in northern Cebu.

The container van was loaded with air-conditioning units that were supposed to be transported to Iloilo City through the wharf in Tuburan.

Truck driver Jerson Misa Coyoca, 40 and a native from Daanbantayan town, said he did not immediately notice the motorcycle which suddenly crossed the road.

By the time he saw the motorcycle, it was already too late to step on the brakes.

Coyoca said he tried calling the attention of the motorcycle driver by honking the truck’s horns.

He also tried to swerve the truck to the left lane to avoid the motorcycle, but the truck had already hit the motorcycle.

The motorcycle was dragged by the truck while the four victims were thrown onto the ground, said Punay.

Coyoca was detained at the Consolacion police station to face charges of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide and physical injuries.