Dumaguete Info Search

log on problem.. Bacong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by pfotoguy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    For some reason I can not login to Duma info. I think the sub contractor has it blocked, why I dont know. Have no probem in Dauin or here at the Mall. just my house in Bacong.

any ideas?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Bill, I had the same problem. Every time this happens I turn off my router and modem and restart and it seems to clear my Globe hangup.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
  4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    If you are using Globe you can call them and tell them you are having problems gaining access to a particular website like Dumaguete Info. Believe it or not, they can get it to work. I was using the wireless at a friends house once and couldn't get a few websites to load. He called Globe and within an hour they were working.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

WOW, your experience with their customer service is nothing like mine, but then I haven't called them for a number of years due to how bad it was.

I would spend an hour or more on the phone, run through all their tests, to be told something was wrong with my computer. After days of this they would send a techy up, who would laugh and not even have me start the computer. Instead, he would say, "it is Manila". Off he would go, and an hour later it would be working.

I went through this for many months. Finally I stopped calling them at all because it was a great waste of time. I changed my web hosting because I could not get to my own website half the time, which opened up a whole new set of problems which eventually led to me losing a years worth of work on a web site.

If what you say is true, maybe my blowing up in their office that afternoon DID have some effect on their customer service!

:wink:

Larry

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The problem with Globe is they have more customers than they own IP addresses. In fact Globe should buy a new pool with IP address but than means money involved. So their solution, create a very short lease time. What might help in such situations is to switched off your modem, wait 10 seconds, switch on the modem and try to log in again, most likely (no guarantee of course) you've got another IP address that works. Sometimes it might also work behind a proxy server.

7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Internet in the RP, the same old problem. Oversell their service 100/1 and screw customers around. After all Filipino's never complain and demand service and us foreigners are a tiny voice to them that is just a nuisance. Maybe one day the RP will pass some simple and basic customer service laws and actually enforce them especially on the major companies.

8. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Rhoody explained the problem to me one time. I don't know if I got it right but I am sure I will be corrected if not. Apparently, there is a lot of spamming done by call centers here using Globe. DI's anti-spamming software blocks these IP addresses, which are shared with us poor users, thus we are blocked from DI. Before, I was only having a problem when using a router but now, even hooked directly to the modem, I cannot access DI without using a proxy server. If this is, in fact, the reason, one would think it would be in DI's best interest to have the problem fixed since many local users use Globe???

9. OP
    OP
    pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Thanks for the replys. Im using smart bro. Done alot of things thats been suggested. Ill try the proy.

10. OP
    OP
    pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Hey the Proxy worked great for me.

THANKS