Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extentions (LSVVE)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, May 17, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The LSVVE is a tourist visa for temporary visitors to the Philippines who wish to stay for up to 6 months but would like to avoid renewing their visas every two months. Currently this can only be obtained through the Main BoI office in Manila according to the BoI website.

To apply for this application you will need to do the following:
    1. Download and print the CGAF. (I have attached the form(s) to this thread, you can also check the BI Website to download this.)

2. Submit the completely filled-out application form and attachments together with the passport to the frontline officer.

3. If the applicant has no derogatory records, a BI Clearance Certificate shall be issued. (Otherwise, the applicant must proceed to the Verification and Certification Unit for Clearance.)

4. Get the Order of Payment Slip and proceed to Cashier for payment.

5. Pay the fees and get the Official Receipt.

6. Submit the Official Receipt with the application form, attachments and passport to the receiving/assessment Officer.

7. Claim the passport stamped with the requested extension of stay.
    Cost for:
    Non visa-required nationals - P9,400 + $50 (USD) for ACR I-Card
    Visa-required nationals - P11,800 + $50 (USD) for ACR I-Card
    Price is broken down at the BoI website. BoI - LSVVE (You might notice that the price here is slightly different from the BoI. I have subtracted the 2100 ICard fee from the total since it is dependent of the USD-PHP exchange rate and just posted it as a flat $50.)

[​IMG]

You can read more about the visa requirements on Wikipedia.
    Visa policy of the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm sure the BoI website has something on it but I just can't find it.

If you have any personal experience with obtaining this visa or have information to add let us know about it in this thread.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. kiki1301

kiki1301 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Wrye 83! Concerning the LSVVE, do I have to apply the moment I arrive in Philippines, or only when my one-month tourist visa expires? Also, am I allowed to go in and out of the country during those 6 months? Thank you!

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I believe you need a visa in good standing to apply for the visitors visa. I don't know if they would consider the visa "waiver" as a visa. I am thinking probably not because when you get off the plane, you probably don't know yet where you will be living for the next 6 months.

I do know that the Long Stay Visitors Visa is NOT a multiple entry visa, if you leave, you lose any remaining time left on that visa. For a 6 month multiple entry visa, I would apply for it before I ever left my home country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never done it but I'm told best practice is to go straight to the main immigration office in Manila once you are out of the airport doors.

There is nothing different from this visa and a regular tourist visa except for the length that it is valid for. So no, it is not a multiple entry. Also, if you pay for 6 months but had to leave after only spending 3 months here for whatever reason you will be unlikely to get any sort of refund.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Going by the Philippine Consulate website in Manhattan, they say the 6-month visitor visa is good for multiple entries. The 3-month is single-entry. Not sure if that website is accurate, or up to date. When I show up to get my SRRV, I plan on entering with the 3-month visitor visa just to give myself plenty of time. I know if the 30-day one expires while I am waiting, I can just have PRA extend it....after paying the fee for the extended visitor visa, of course. (At least that is what I understand.)

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    There is more than 1 kind of 6 month visa. Was there a number/ letter designation with the 6 month visa you saw on the Philippine Consulate website? There is a 6 month multiple entry visa you can get before coming to the Philippines. I don't think you can get it once you are actually in the Philippines. Most people I knew did two month extensions, but if you think you are not staying that long you can do a 1 month extension. I believe that with the Long Stay Visitor's Visa, that it may be helpful if in your mind you replace the word Visitor with Tourist.

• Agree Agree x 2