Dumaguete Info Search

Long term house rentals on Bohol

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Timn8ter, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Is there a good source for house rentals on Bohol? Looking for month to month for maybe a year or so. Not planning on going soon, just trying to gather information.
    Thanks!

2. OP
    OP
    Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    double post, sorry

OOPS! messed that up, sorry. :o

3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I don't think I've ever seen a rental advertised. Haven't looked out for any though. There is a well-connected realtor, Leah Tirol-Magno (I think I spelled it right). We shopped around thru her when thinking of buying there a couple years ago. Didn't quite find what we wanted, but I have run into a couple of her expat customers and they were happy with the deals they got. She's got a Bohol real estate website, last time I looked it hadn't been updated for yonks though...anyway, if still in the business she may know of some possibilities, or give you some ideas.

If that doesn't work...there are some Bohol regulars hanging out at the Living in Cebu yahoo group..they might be able to give some advice. I suspect it would mostly be word of mouth to dig up a rental. There is a bit of traffic with Panglao european expats going back and forth for business/work reasons and rental opportunities may pop up there...

4. OP
    OP
    Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks g.
    I did find (by searching classified ads) that the Alumbung Resort will discount their 2 story beach huts by 50% for long term rental. Still a bit spendy but potentially do-able.

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    That's great T. That should be pretty comfortable...and the price is right. I forgot about this place...see them on ebay sometimes when I do a search for Bohol things..

http://www.jagnalodge.com/

Bit out of town from Tag city...like about an hour..but nice area. No idea what the monthly rate is but should be similar. And it's set up for self-catering so some money could be saved.....to use for transportation:smile:

6. OP
    OP
    Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    That looks nice!

7. EZway

EZway DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Timn8ter.

I run across your post and was just checking to see if you are still looking at other living accommodation while in Bohol.

We have a vacation home in Loay, some 30 minutes away east of Tagbilaran that my sister is looking after for us. We are considering having her operate a bed and breakfast as 2 empty bedrooms upstairs each with each own bathroom are available when we are not in the Philippines. It is a big house, in a nice location with a great view of the hills, walking distance to the beach, and easily accessible to transportation.

When you get to Bohol and haven't found a place you really like, let me know if you would like to check our place out. It might be something that you are looking for....

Good luck in your stay in Bohol, the land of cholocolate hills, white sandy beaches and nice, fun-loving people! I hope that you will have a great time! :smile:>

8. OP
    OP
    Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks EZ, I'll put Loay on our list.

9. EZway

EZway DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for considering.:smile: