Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for a good bicycle sales/repair/customize shop.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by JohnInValencia, Nov 2, 2011.

1. JohnInValencia

JohnInValencia DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I'd like to find a bicycle shop anywhere in Oriental that can sell me a second hand bicycle and customize it a bit.

I live easy walking distance from Valencia but carrying five or ten kilo's of groceries is no fun. Using the car to go less than a mile is a waste. A bike would be ideal but I'm not talking about needing a mortgage for carbon fiber with two hundred gears or whatever. I'm talking solid and conservative here. Probably the first time in my life those words have applied to me.

I want big fat tires, a few gears to help me up the hill, big saddle bag type baskets so I can haul my veggies back from the public market and a seat that doesn't try to split me in two.

I've seen a few bicycle tricycles around so someone must do this kind of work.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    You didn't mention your budget. But, I have a blue Jamis X2 bike I brought from Manila. Because I have a knee injury, the bike hasn't been more than 5km. It's as new and it's a great bike. Sadly, I can't use it and would let it go for 15K pesos.

PM me if you are interested. I'm in Dauin.

Mark

3. Texsinbad

Texsinbad DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bike For Sale

I am a new member and can not PM.

If you still have your bike for sale, please call me at 09297265364.

Thanks,

Dan

4. OP
    OP
    JohnInValencia

JohnInValencia DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Looking for a good bicycle shop.

Thanks but no thanks. I have knee problems too and I doubt I'll ever go much further than the 1 mile to the public market. That's too much to pay for so little use. For that price I could almost get an electric assist bike to help me up the hill.

I have a neighbor with an older and more beat up but still perfectly usable mountain style bike. She only wants P5K.