Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for an accommodation in Dumaguete in Nov. 2016

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Dr. Shiva, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Does someone know about a cheap accommodation for up to five persons for one week around beginning November 2016. Exact date will follow later. My wife will meet her family in Dumaguete.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hotel Palwa has family rooms. I believe the rooms are a couple thousand per night.

3. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    HOSTEL Tropical is opening soon(15 September 2016), its a spanish house with 4 bedrooms newly refurbished with modern artsy interior. Bunk bed cost 500 per person, couple's room 3pax cost 1,800,breakfast 100pesos. Fully furnished kitchen available for extra cost of 50pesos.
    Showcase and photos will be posted here soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    It seems that the website of Hotel Palwa is down. Does someone know a way to contact them?

Couple thousand per night sounds quite expensive. I know that hotel from my first visit in Dumaguete but I can not remember that the prices was that high.

Where in Dumaguete is that hostel Tropical?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Di has contact information about this hotel. You can try to contact them at the information provided:
    Hotel Palwa

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Cheap is subjective. What are you looking for? Most of us would simply get 2 or more hotel rooms beside each other. At 1,000 per night per room I would say 14,000 is reasonable. But what do you say?

7. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    @wyre83: Thanks for the link.

I found this list in the internet. How actual are the room rates on it? How old is that list?

Very difficult to find corresponding webpages from many hotels behind all these booking websites.

8. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17

Just come to Rodora Homes fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with Balcony overlooking sea...It is located in Agan-An Sibulan first right just after airport runway coming from town.
    go to Mia's restobar and there is a big white sign there that say Paradise Villas turn right there and go to the last gate on the left....1600 per night 16,000 per month and u can walk 1 minute to Mia's for swimming food billards karaoke etc....

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe the room rates are correct for walk-ins. Haven't stayed there in a couple years so I'm not 100% on that.
    That's because most of these hotels in Dumaguete simply don't have a website. You will be lucky to find a FB page that is kept up-to-date and was created as an actual business page and not as a personal one. Drives me nuts seeing that and it shows a complete lack of fucks given for their online presence/advertising but...I guess they keep the rooms filled so no real reason to give any more fucks than required. Palwa did also have a website but it seems that they haven't maintained that either.

10. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Very funny. When I check some rates on the internet from the list several of them are already doubled to triple as high.
    It seems that the Check Inn appears to be the most suited hotel. It have a 5 pax room, that can even be booked over the internet. And its rates are still similar to the list.