Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for an old friend on Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by blutius, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blutius

blutius One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Siquijor in 1985 & 1988. I'm quite sure it's changed a lot since then, but I'm sure it's just as beautiful as ever. I would like to get in touch with an old friend who I believe still lives there. Does anyone know of an online directory for the island? I'm in California. Thanks for any help.

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I hope someone from Siquijor reads this. If you have a family name in mind, it will be easy to find the person since the place is just small and it's like Dumaguete where everybody knows everyone.

3. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello! I recently met a wonderful couple who relocated to DGT from Siquijor just a few months ago. I wonder if they might know your "long-lost friend."

I'd be happy to pass a name along to them -- feel free to PM me with any information you have, and I'll see if they can help!

~ Sue

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    You didn't mention if your old friend is male/female, an expat foreigner, a local Siquijorian, or a Filipino.:confused: Do you happen to remember in which town he/she lives/lived? (Siquijor, Larena, San Juan, Lazi, Maria or Enrique Villaneuva). I have a lot of contacts over there, especially in the government, I might be able to see if he's/she's still there.:smile:

5. hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    really is this true?

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Uh huh - very very true. Very hard to marry somebody there. It is like a 'family-island' where everybody is almost related to each other. You will end up marrying your 3rd cousins, haha.

Where is the starter of this thread? Can I post it here:

mysiquijor.com

Hope he will meet his long-lost friend via that site.

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    I doubt it, unless their address book contains at least 130,000 names etc, which is the current population of Dumaguete. Siquijor has about 88,000 people.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.