Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for employer

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by christ, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christ

christ Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi i am a caregiver and i am looking for employer who needs caregiver. I have 2 years experienced. And i wants to work in abroad. Any suggestion?

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    where do you want to go abroad?

3. OP
    OP
    christ

christ Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like in US,AUSTRALIA,CANADA.Any country as well as have big salary.And have a good culture.

4. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You should spend some of your valuable online time in a research about "good culture" specially the countries you mentioned.

I also wonder what makes you think that as a caregiver "in abroad" you will make big money. I guess that is a lack of knowledge and just believing in the wide spread rumor that working in abroad makes huge money.

Please do yourself the favor and ask returning Pinoys where all the money went they send home while they work their @ss off... The houses of the family are still broken and all brothers are still lazy and might even be angry that you return and quit the money-flow.

Nevertheless, there are some companies in Dumaguete which can assist you if you meet their requirements to find work abroad

Good Luck

5. OP
    OP
    christ

christ Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here in philippines is very hard to get a job. That is why i am planning to go abroad. Pinoys who works in abroad said that it is not easy to work in differrent culture but still they are surviving.So i also believe i can survive working in differrent culture. If i get a job here in philippines i guess my salary is only 4k a month.Compare in abroad i can earn 40k a month.

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Making the Us dollar equivalent of 40k pesos will leave you in poverty there. Care givers don't get much over minimum wage. You won't have to worry about what people do with what you send home because there won't be any. I am talking about the US. Australia is doing better economically now and might be a better alternative.

7. slacker

slacker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't want to burst your bubble but just a reality check.

If you earn 40k per month...

25k goes to rent of the room. if you rent an apartment, you will definitely need more than 40k to pay for the rent alone.

15k goes to your groceries, travel money (to and from work etc), money to send home

you can't afford anything else like cable, internet, much less a computer, movies, eating out, etc.

40k seems like a high paying job, but you also have to consider your living expenses in the city you work.

Hope this helps.

8. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    not as dumb as you think

Most Asian laborers (expats) working legally in the US will earn anywhere from 75,000 to 90,000 pesos per month (appx. $1,700 to 2,000). They're also intelligent enough to know how to keep their expenses to a minimal by sharing apartment, food, entertainment with multiple roommates (sometimes two, three, or even 4 occupants per room).....at the end of the day, sharing costs with others will definitely allow them to send a good chunk of earned $$ back home. I'd say most of them should be able to comfortably send home anywhere from 35,000 to 45,000 pesos home every month---IMO, that's pretty BIG money for a typical Filipino family.

Yes, if they go there & wants to live like Americans they'd not have anything left to sent home.

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    A side reason many Pinoys try to get work in the US, Canada or Australia is that these countries respect the rule of law and will usually give you weekends off if you are entitled to them. Other countries will treat you like a slave, keep your passport and not tell you about time off or will make you work all day, seven days a week. The tradeoff is that with time off you will be spending your money and not sending much home and also for the reasons mentioned above. You are paid more because the cost of living is more.

Wherever you decide to work do yourself a favor and use a registered employment agency, one that will give you a physical and records check. If they are not strict, then they do not care about you or the law. Remember if you go illegally there is not much your country can do to protect you and worst of all they do not even know you have left the country. In that case you will become a real slave.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    My niece is a caregiver in the Seattle area, and my wife's cousin (Filipina) is a caregiver in Florida. Neither make anywhere near $1700/month for changing bedpans and rolling over old fat people so they don't get bedsores. It's minimum wage and horrible working hours and conditions.

Kind of a moot point, as it is highly unlikely to get to US on a work visa as a caregiver anyway.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.