Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Looking for reviews on the best eats!

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Crystalhead, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Question out to loyal and dedicated Members that have Cebu Restaurant knowledge particularly in the Mactan area. Wife is leaving me for the next 2.5 years to help her Friend back in Canada to look after the Friends 92 year old Mother. I was against this move as I am retired and have no interest in going back to the West. Wife also miss's Canada, so what can I say really. Letting her go. Upside is she comes back with 2 to 3 mil Peso. Downside is I am here alone with hired help, gardeners x2, Farm workers x4 and 3.5 homes to maintain. I may not be online for 24 hour period. Having said that........... I want to enjoy a fantastic farewell dinner with the Asawa in Cebu Mactan area. Hope some Member gives me the perfect romantic spot. View, great foods, large menu, and price is of no concern. I have Googled it all out but I would take the opinion of an Expat way over Google and all the crap SEO's. Gonna miss my Gal. Any wondering thoughts and actions are out of the question as my Oath to my Wife is my all, she knows that! Cheers and be safe, have fun, and be positive. In these times, (I know, Philippines is the best place to be)

2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you fancy the atmosphere, "circa 1900" might be a good choice for a romantic diner. Admittedly it's not in Mactan, but fairly close to Ayala Mall and Waterfront Cebu Hotel. Their menu and atmosphere are pretty appealing to me. More pictures here. Maybe combine with a one night booking at the Waterfront?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Scape Skydeck, Lapu Lapu - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1