Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for the Honda TMX 125/155 workshop manual

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ajayver, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajayver

ajayver DI Member Showcase Reviewer

WordPress developer, Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I've bought a Motorstar Star X 125 witch is a clone of Honda TMX 125cc. It has some repairing to be done and I would like to make them properly, like it was meant to be on the factory. So I'm looking for a workshop manual for Honda TMX or any of its clones. Mine is from Jialing motors.
    I already have Honda common service manual that covers all of their motorcycles fixing, but only basics, without any specific info and the important measurements. If anybody needs a copy, I could upload it in pdf and give a link, just ask me in a private message.

I've seen some motorcyclist here, if someone has a copy of TMX manual, can I make a Xerox copy of that? I could pay for it with beer :smile:

2. OP
    OP
    ajayver

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
  3. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    try looking here to download the manual. You will need torrent software and better be sure that you have good virus/security software running before downloading.

honda tmx manual Torrent Download - LimeTorrents.com

Edit: Sorry the above site links to a site that wants $4.99 usd to access the download. Be advised. Since the tmx is still being made try contacting Honda to purchase a manual

4. OP
    OP
    ajayver

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Honda can give maintanance user manual, but they are trying to keep their workshop manual in secret (obviously to be better in service than not authorized services and people like me :smile:. I've searched dozens of torrent trackers before asking with no success.
    The manual I foud earlier today seems to be fine for my purposes.
    Anyway, thanks for the advice!

5. Aldhous

Aldhous DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi ajayver, I have just joined Dumaguete. I have been looking for a Basic Honda TMX Service Manual since acquiring a very dilapidated TMX 155. If you could upload with a link I would be indebted to you, as I have tried everywhere including the Torrents and even Honda?

I really wish you every luck in trying to obtain the more detailed version!

6. OP
    OP
    ajayver

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hi, Aldhous! I've uploaded Honda Common Service Manual here. But it covers all Honda bikes, not only TMX.
    You can download the TMX manual here. But it is for 125cc. There should be some differences, basically in front suspension and front wheel, but other things should work for you.

7. Aldhous

Aldhous DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi ajayver,

thank you so much, I have downloaded both manuals and they look very useful indeed. I really appreciate your help, as this information will help me a great deal.

One last question, my TMX 155 does not have any signal lights or mirrors, they were obviously removed by the previous owner. Are these items required for the vehicle inspection? I assumed yes, but I have seen a few M/Cs here in Tacloban City without them.

Thanking you once again for your help.

8. OP
    OP
    ajayver

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sorry, I don't know local laws about vehicle registration, but I suggest you to buy new signal lights and mirrors just for your safety :smile: They shouldn't be very expensive.

9. Aldhous

Aldhous DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ajayver,
    you are so right of course, safety should be my #1 goal. I was just curious. I will purchase these items, along with a missing speedometer cable discovered today. The wiring on this machine is really terrible, but thanks to you I should be able to sort it out with those excellent manuals.

Thank you again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.