Dumaguete Info Search

Looking for Thomas (Tom) Knox

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Paul, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    For those who may not know me, my name is Paul Petrea. I originally met Tom when I lived in Labangon, Cebu City, back in 2007? Anyway, another friend (also named Paul) and I befriended Tom back then.

Later, Tom moved, or may be I moved first, from Labangon. I don't recall which, now. He ended up in Dumaguete City, well, first in Sibulan, and later out past the airport. I visited him once or twice during his stay in Sibulan. Paul, however, kept more in touch with Tom and his wife and visited more frequently.

After Paul went back to the US, he maintained contact with Tom, until about three months ago, which was the last communication he received from Tom.

Does anyone in the area know if Tom is still around? If so, is he okay?

If you would prefer not to give me any information, perhaps just contact him for us, please, and ask him to contact Paul Tedrow, in the US. He should have Paul's email address. If not, you can contact me here, or through the Living in Cebu Forums, where I will be able to provide you with Paul's contact information for Tom.

He (Paul) really is concerned about Tom. Since hearing of this delay in communication, I am as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

2. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    A picture is worth a thousand words... post one as a member here might recognize him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Paul

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I only posted his full name, because I had to provide a minimum amount of information to help those who may come across Tom. I would never, ever post his photo online, or anyone else's for that matter, without their expressed permission. Well, unless they were deceased, God forbid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Although you provide some good background on your buddy one must remember that most people know each other by first names only and many of them have "re-invented" themselves after moving here. Assuming this is not he case then why don't you pm me a pic. I know 10 people with the same first name here and I will pm you back and tell you if I know or have seen the man.
    I am a man of my word and his pic will not leave my inbox. I think you are going to get very little assistance unless you help those who will help you identify him IMHO.. Good luck in your search..

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There are no pictures of the guy online to give. :wink:

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI I just found a guy that knows/knew him but he said he hasn't seen our heard from him for several months. This guy didn't know how to contact him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Paul

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Gerry, I thought I had a photo of him. Apparently not. Well, not anywhere I can find it right away anyway. I do understand your view on this, as well - and appreciate it.

He is from the US, if I haven't mentioned that previously. I know he married a cute little gal, a Cebuana. She was very soft spoken. I believe his wife split from him and went back up to Cebu, though? The west coast side of the island is where she was from, like Tabuelan, or maybe Tuburan? It's been too long. One of those towns for sure, though.

He ended up with another gal, probably one from Dumaguete, or the surrounding area. Not sure if they ever married, though.

He had a fancied up - maybe blue?, four-wheel drive multi-cab with the half cover over the rear of it. Originally, he had resided in Sibulan, after the curve going north. From what Paul tells me, he had moved closer to the airport. What I assume would be north of it?

One thing about Tom is, he isn't always - well, kind about how he speak of Filipinos. He seems to have little patience with them. During my years of knowing him, I thought he was going to stroke out over them, a number of times.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Paul

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Dang. Well, it's a start, I suppose. Thanks, man.

• Like Like x 2