Dumaguete Info Search

Looking to Buy Multi-Cab.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ChMacQueen, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Looking to buy a Multi-Cab used if someone has or knows of one in decent condition. Prefer one with a backseat inside cab or at least the backseats outside the cab. No interest in paying $180k+ for one at Rosco and price must be significantly lower then a fresh one from a dealer.

If have one or know of someone who does drop me a line at chmacqueen@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Chris.

2. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

I got my last one in Cebu City. Lots of dealers, a lot more choice. Maybe try checking out cebu classified website :smile:

3. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought one recently in Cebu City, from that experience I believe you can find a pretty decent one in the p80,000+ range from a private party. You might be able to do that in Dumaguete as well. Mine was a "friend of a friend" deal. There are a number of online PI classified ads sites that seem pretty active from my observation. I will send you some links if your interested

4. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd appreciate the links bounty90 as those I've found tend to be mostly empty. I have no problem finding one in Cebu and driving it back but my wife may complain as the driver but tough luck on her part!

5. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry for the delay, I lost track of the thread...here is a site that seems pretty active to me in fact there is a multi cab that just got posted today. Buy and Sell in the Philippines - AyosDito.ph here is the actual ad, does not say where he is located. SUZUKI CARRY SCRUM Multicab - Pick-up - Cars for sale Central Visayas - AyosDito.ph Does not say where he is located.

You know the way you differentiate between multicabs is whether they are 6 or a 12 value engine. Since we are hauling things up into the mountains it was important for us to get a 12 valve. If you’re driving around on flat land the 6 might be fine, it’s just something to consider in terms of your needs as well as the price of the truck.

Just taught my wife to drive and she loves it, she pouts if I don’t let her do the driving so I get to just sit and look out the window now. She does love to lean on the horn though…lol.

let me know how it’s going. I am not in the PI currently but maybe I could come up with some other ideas.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Actually there is a LOT more to it than that. In Suzuki, you have mostly F5A, F5B, and F6A engines. The F5A is generally sluggish and useful for only flat ground, or with the 4 speed 4WD, has low range, so will go anywhere if you are patient with it.

The F5B comes in 6, 9, and 12 valve configurations, and quite frankly you will not be able to tell the power difference between any of them and the F6A, which comes in 12 valve only. The reason you will not be able to tell the difference is, there is no horsepower difference. They are rated the same. The difference is where they develop the horsepower at. The 12 valve F6A develops the power at a slightly lower engine RPM than does the F5B 6, 9, and 12 valve.

MUCH more important than the engine the unit has, is the TRANSMISSION the unit has. There are 4 speed, 5 speed, 4 speed with dual range, 5 speed with dual range, 5 speed without dual range but with a granny low, and 5 speed without dual range OR granny low. (Let's pretend for now there are no automatics) For hauling stuff up the mountain and rugged use, a 6 valve with dual range 4 speed transmission will be much more of a workhorse than a 12 valve without dual range.

The transmission is the heart of these units. A 4WD with dual range is in essence a small tractor with a mini truck body. A 12 valve pickup without dual range is just that, a very small pickup.

Pick the unit that best serves your purpose. Your satisfaction with the unit will depend on it.

Larry

7. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Scam?

Be careful with these Ayosdito ads. This one is an obvious scam. First of all, you can't get a multicab with a 1300cc engine. In that condition, constructed in 2008, the scrum would definitely sell for over P100,000, even without 4X4 ... probably closer to P130,000. Often, they put in these fake ads to get email addresses for spam mail. Look at Shadow's response WRT engine and transmission availability. He is very knowledgeable with these truck's.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Hmmm, I didn't look at the add until you brought it up. The truck in question is about a 1990 model, it was probably sold in the Philippines the first time in 2008, so is registered as a 2008.

As for the 1300 CC engine, you are correct. This model would have come with the F6A, which is 660 CC.

Although most are priced more, the unit in question would probably sell at that price. Most of the advertised prices are dreamers hoping to get rich on the sale, but if they really want to sell they will come down. Here is one that is advertised for sale in Tanjay that is similar at P95T, with extras;

CebuClassifieds.com - Suzuki Multicab pick-up 4x2.....95k neg

Larry

9. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    interesting stuff Larry...In terms of a sellers expectations I think its the same everywhere, depends on how badly they need the money. I picked up a Suzuki 12 valve 5 speed for p50,000, seemed in pretty good shape though I did put some money into the front end. They had indicated it was 4x4 which it wasn't, no big deal. I have found many Filipinos don't seem to understand what 4x4 really is but like to use the term. I really was not that particular, it gets me up and down my mountain with the things I need to haul. So where would you shop for as particular a truck as you indicate? If your looking for a certain transmission aren't you back at the car lots and paying a premium?

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    There are plenty of them around. I would just keep an ear to the ground locally, or if I wanted one in a hurry I would search the Cebu classifieds, such as where I found the one I posted earlier;

CebuClassifieds.com cebu city classified ads, cebu jobs, cars, ads, house & lot, classifieds, real estate, business, apartments, rent

Larry