Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Looking to get this tiling done

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dave_Hounddriver, May 21, 2017.

1. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Brian, you mentioned someone who may be able to take on a tiling job but I figured its hard for him to have an idea of whether he wants to do it without some pics. So here they are.

If anyone else wants to weigh in on what they think this will cost me or any other advice then feel free to give your 2 cents worth :angelic:
    East Side.jpg West Side.jpg Panorama.jpg
    Its a kitchen that needs to have the floor leveled and tiled (the linoleum you can see is just there like a cheap, temporary carpet). In addition the wall needs to be tiled from the floor to the 1 meter mark. The room itself is about 1.5 meters X 3.5 meters.

In this West Facing shot you can see a concrete shelf for the gas ring. That gets pulled out as there will be a full size gas stove put on the level tiles when done.

West Side.jpg
    In this East facing pic you can see its just more of the same and I circled the line where the wall tiles must come up to. Its already inset to allow space for the tiles and adhesive.
    East Side.jpg
    Then I have made a very amateurish 'panorama' shot to try to give perspective to the whole room.
    Panorama.jpg
    Hope this gives enough info for some feedback. I have a contractor who did some work for me before but he likes big jobs so tends to overcharge on the little stuff but I have him in mind for my fall back guy :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is the floor concrete/ wood/ painted?

3. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Under the lino is bare, unfinished concrete. By that I mean its not smooth or level but its concrete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1