Dumaguete Info Search

Lost 25 pounds since April

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Obliged Friend, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Had a checkup..in April. I’m 6’3” and weighed 250 lbs. Uric Acid was 7.2...and the good cholesterol was a little low. BP 140/90. No diabetes.

1. Lose weight

2. Celecoxib 400 mg

3. Febuxostat 40 mg

4. Rosuvastatin Calcium 5mg

5. Portal East Gym...several weight machines for 30 minutes and long bike for 30 minutes.

Lots of water. Eggs for breakfast at McDonalds, an occasional wine, no salt, no junk food, fruits and Romaine lettuce with Feta cheese. Low purine foods. No caffeine

Weight is 225, Uric Acid 2.3, BP 110/80 yesterday.

All my XXL shirts are way too big. Had to poke an extra hole in my belt. Have 42 to 46 waist shorts and pants. They fall to the floor without a belt.

It wasn’t that difficult, and occasionally there’s eye candy at the gym.

My doctor is Jennifer Emperado , she has an office at the new hospital.....there’s no crowds at the new hospital.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Wow, congratulations for achieving your health goals. Keep 'em down....I mean the uric, salts, and sugar....

• Like Like x 2
  3. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    How many times a week to the gym?

4. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    3 to 4 times weekly.

5. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    Good topic. I've lost approx 10 kilos in the past year...I did NOT want to. Now, I have to build it back up. I've been here 7 years, but, last 12 months or so, I got a bit unlucky with food borne illness - 3 times in fact. Anyway, still manage my multi-year routine of lifting free weights and brisk walks. Anyway, 68 kilos does not look good on a 6 foot frame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Congrats. I'm not sure what those supplements are but if they are working for you and keeping you healthy stick with it!

I've been dropping weight and getting in shape recently as well. I started at about 95kg in early March (started tracking progress at the beginning of April), almost down to 75kg now. I had gotten up to about 105kg at my heaviest years ago (I'm only 181cm, 5'11")...and the pictures from that time are difficult to look at.

weightloss.png

To lose most of the weight I didn't do much other than focus my diet heavily towards protein and try to keep the carbs between 50-150g/day, running about a 1000 calorie deficit/day (I could eat around 2000-2500 calories/day with my activity or TDEE levels and still maintain a deficit) and I walked a lot...over 1000 km in that time frame. The biggest thing that helped me was writing down and tracking every single calorie and macro I put in my body.

I switched over to a weight training program 2 weeks ago and have changed up my diet since then to better focus on gaining muscle mass while still losing the fat I'm wanting to get rid of. It's been going pretty good so far and have been extremely happy with the results.

March vs this week:
    20MAR2019 (2).jpg 4JUL2019.jpg

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, I'll put that in a spoiler. Hopefully you keep up the weight loss and keep posting updates on it.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019