Dumaguete Info Search

LTO logic

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by denpet, Jan 15, 2014.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Now, this was interesting. For a year now LTO has failed to hand out my 2013 license plate sticker on times I've been there asking for it. "Sorry sir, out of stock, come back next week". Well, en of November I gave up, as the bike was due for renewal January 2014.
    Now, the funny part. "Sorry sir, we can't renew your registration because you don't have the 2013 sticker".
    Well, f*ck me sideways. So, give it to me, and don't say you are out of stock again. O-|

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Make your own luck

I renewed my MC license in August. I used the smog check place across from the new Changs store. It was recommended by one of the member here, I think Pat O. They were suppose to give me a sticker, but did not, saying come back in a week.... a couple of weeks later I stopped in and they said go to LTO and the stickesr are available. They were right. I went to LTO stood in line for about 5 minutes and got my sticker. The place across from Changs also got my mandatory insurance. Not sure all the costs involved but it was worth it, even having to go to LTO to get the sticker. They did the best they could under the "fun in the Philippines" program.
    I had been warned by my previous landlord about similar sticker problems with a car. He said it was a real pain to resolved when you do not get your sticker within the 12 month registration period. Something about the car not be on the computers or some other bola-bola because the registration was not fully completed. Realizing this many not be your fault it does not mean you wont face a nightmare of issues here.
    I am not making excuses for anyone, just trying to solve future problems for others. Here you have to make your own luck sometimes, because you will not get much luck dealing the the Filipino agencies as most of us ex-pats know after a short period of time.

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It will be interesting to see the outcome of this! Logic=0% incompetence=100%

4. OP
    OP
    denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes, I'm using the same smog test centre and Ernie is doing the processing. The problem is, as the old registration has expired, they will not give me a 2013 sticker anymore, even if they have them now. Pain in the rear.

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Do not wait for a Filipino to solve your problems

Sounds like someone dropped the ball for 365 days. My suggestion would be not to wait a year to resolve something. If the smog center was responsible to get your the sticker, as they said they would do for me, then you need to get them to preform, and resolve the situation for you. I am not sure they is much business accountability here, and maybe I just got lucky and went to LTO on the right day but it was the smog center who told me the day to go, because I was at the center and asking them about my sticker pretty frequently.

Unlike the patient and non-aggressive Filipinos I do not have the patience to wait until I get into more trouble than I do already on my own here. A problem left to a Filipino to resolve is an unresolved problem......

6. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    My insurance company, Stronghold, does the license renewal for me. and they return as needed for the sticker. I only need to get the bike smogged first. There's very little anxiety and no frustration. The key to living happily in the Philippines is to get others to do the messy stuff.

7. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    That sound good. As I need an insurance for my car could you pls give me their business address in Dumaguete?

8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Stronghold is in the OK Pensionne House, Santa Rosa St. (035) 225-1683

9. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Standard Insurance has the same service for a affordable fee, is Stronghold for free?

10. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I try to find out. I have an on line quotation from Standard but would like to compare with other companies. Stronghold has no on line quotation.