Dumaguete Info Search

Lto news

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Jul 4, 2014.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466

Attached Files:

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Quote:
    Section D of the JAO stated that motor vehicles operating without or with defective/ improper/ unauthorized accessories, devices, equipment and parts shall be fined P5,000. The motor vehicle shall also be impounded until the accessory device, equipment or part is properly installed, connected or removed and the fines paid.
    The improper or unauthorised accessory, device, equipment or part shall be confiscated in favour of the Government, the JAO added.

This makes it sound like anything not deemed to be original equipment, stating "accessory device"...

When I was in Dumaguete the amount of Bikes running around with coloured Headlights and Tail lights, LED Lights that flashed or lit up in a colour that would see Aussie Coppers having a field day with them if they were here was amazing! Some were so poorly lit up I had to wonder HOW they could see where they were going at night!

I must admit I have been pondering if I should fit up some small accessory lighting to our Tricycle especially to make it appear more Car like due to EVERY oncoming Bus, Truck and Jeepney on the road flashing us with High Beam and Spot lights I assume in an attempt to make out if we are a Bike, Tricycle or Carabao with Flash lights tied to its horns... :eek: So I wonder exactly WHAT these accessories are that they make mention of? :confused:

Living near to the main Highway it has crossed my mind to hunt down everyone of those with straight through Pipes and shoving Banana up their Tailpipes! Also; hanging a set of Train Horns in a Tree near to the Bridge that EVERY Bus and Truck insist on sitting on their Air Horns as they cross it so I can give them a blast just before they hit the Bridge! :mad: WHY do they do that for?? I am SURE no one needs to hear that at midnight... :(

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Seems like the Ceres bus drivers have to do a special course in horn-blowing before they are let loose on the road. The sugar-cane truckies then mimic them. The bus drivers use a blast on the airhorns to say "hello" to other buses approaching them, when they could just flash their lights. So you get a couple of buses going along the boulevard and each one will blast a dozen times between the port and the Press Club. The one who blows the horn is the one in charge, the self assumed important one, so it's really the narcissus psyche, and the never ending love of noise.

4. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I still like my idea of hiding a set of Train Horns in the Tree beside the Bridge and get a blast in first! But I an sure I would probably be dragged out and shot after having to pay for a clean change of underwear for the Driver... :p lol

5. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    LTO here in Dumaguete will never really enforce the driving and vehicle laws. Now and then at most they will do a small show checking registrations and licenses but not much beyond that. Way to much money to be lost from the rich in town who run things and most of those who would get nailed don't have the money to pay a real fine.

I'd still LOVE to see LTO out in force impounding vehicles and motors left and right for every possible infringement by the law. No working lights, no plate, no license, crazy reckless driving, not using turn signals, double parking, illegal parking, double overtaking, heavy exhaust, illegal mufflers or lack of, illegal lighting, and even no helmet (give us warning on this one first though as its been sidelined). Also go after trikes that have to many passengers and same for jeepneys. There are laws that limit their max passengers. Jeepneys, hanging on the back, sides, and roof are 100% illegal, same for easyrides.

The streets and traffic would be down 90% in a week. Lot of walking would be going on as trikes would be down a bit as well plus far to many to fit.

On the Ceres though, I think a major part of their horn blowing is making sure others know they are behind and passing as many don't have mirrors and those who do rarely use them. Honking at other drivers is probably a form of wake up call to try and keep each other alert.

6. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Oi? :eek:
    I 'REPRESENT' THAT REMARK! :wink: LOL
    We load the entire Family aboard our Tricycle when we head to Duma! I reckon it even rides better with the entire entourage aboard! :D lol

7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Of course some harder parts would also be a bit of a problem. I'm fairly sure there are laws that say its illegal to have a child under the age of 9 or so on the bike and also no more then 1 passenger (so 2 on the bike max). Those would cause a bit of a not so needed stir.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Never mind the LTO, what sort of message, are the police sending out?

Earlier when I was walking the Dogs, and talking to the owner, of the local IT Cafe, as I had posted shortly after.
    Police Jeep no 4 passed us on what I presume was their patrol but No, it was meal break or beer Break at a house not far from Mine, another officer I believe.

When he passed us,I did not really take much Notice but to return their, Good Evening Sir! and seeing it was Jeep number 4

Later (about 40 mins I guess) When I was locking my Front gates, the Jeep came back Down the road.

Only 1 front mainlight was Working, No tail Lights at all, not even brake lights, this I know because the driver braked, to avoid a Pothole,the Squeak was quite Loud. but no brake warning light.

What sort of messages are we getting, from the police and most certainly the LTO who are supposed to enforce this sort of thing.

Is it any wonder we have Chaos and Accidents when the 2 law Enforcing Agencies can't tow the line.O-|

JP:mad: