Dumaguete Info Search

Lto waived temporary driver licence due to lack of plastic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Mar 25, 2015.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Land Transportation Office has waived the 150-day validity period of temporary driver's licenses until a shortage of materials for license cards is resolved.

The LTO announced in a memorandum dated Friday that the validity period of temporary driver's licenses (TDL) will be disregarded and "the expiry date of the driver's license indicated therein shall be considered as the TDL's lifespan/validity period."

LTO enforcers and deputized agents were instructed to refrain from apprehending drivers with expired TDLs.

Licensing Centers/District Offices and Driver's License Renewal Centers (DLRC) will set-up hotlines and notices to inform the public of the card's availability. Rie Takumi/JDS, GMA News

More from: LTO waives validity period of temporary licenses due to shortage of materials | News | GMA News Online

How hard is it to scorce blue plastic cards! I should imagine there is a large outstanding bill from the lto to the supplier!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I picked up my permanent driver's license on Friday after waiting only 45 days, at the LTO office at the Robinson mall. :happy:Just imagine if I was fighting in Mandanao as a Filipino soldier, risking my life as I was waiting for more fresh ammunition from my government. :frown:...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    How hard is it to scorce blue plastic cards! I should imagine there is a large outstanding bill from the lto to the supplier!
    I assume it's the same story with the new number plates

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There are so many directions that the corruption could be coming from it is impossible to know who pocketed the money. The Philippines should start a reality TV show similar to the CSI crime shows but for investigating corruption. They wouldn't even need screen writers, the crap would just write itself and there would never be a shortage of drama2x.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    It would be nice if they waive the fees for Registration and New Plates until plates and stickers were available.
    I'll return to bed now and continue dreaming. :smile:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    INQUIRER.net
    By: Yuji Vincent Gonzales, June 19th, 2015 07:52 PM

Amid an ongoing shortage of driver’s licenses, the Department of Transportation and Communications on Friday said the Land Transportation Office (LTO) was set to release five million pieces of license cards over the next 12 months.

This was after DOTC awarded the project for new supplies of driver’s licenses to Allcard Plastics Philippines Inc. after posting the lowest bid of P336.868 million, P37 million lower than the bid of former supplier Amalgamated Motors Philippines Inc. (AMPI)

“We are pleased to report that license cards will soon be available to all LTO offices. We will strive to ensure that the implementation of this project will run smoothly in order to reinstate these basic services provided by the LTO,” said DOTC Secretary Jun Abaya in a

Read more: With new supplier, LTO set to release 5M driver’s license cards | Inquirer News
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Now will this be the case for the new plates also or will they just disappear altogether!

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The Land Transportation Office is set to roll-out by early August new driver’s licence cards, which will contain design tweaks and may be less expensive for the public, pending a decision from the Department of Finance.

Among the more prominent redesign features is the inclusion of the words “Driver’s License” for professional and non-professional cards, according to LTO spokesman Jason Salvador.

Previously, the description was not included and the change was prompted by the experiences of a number of overseas Filipino workers who had difficulty in explaining the purpose of the identification card in foreign jurisdictions.

LTO to release new driver’s license cards by August | Inquirer News
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Not sure if this should be here or in the humour section!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had no idea it didn't say "Driver's License" on it. Had a look at mine and sure enough no mention of that little detail. ha

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    MANILA, Philippines - The Land Transportation Office (LTO) will be compelled to halt the issuance of new driver’s license cards should the supplier stop providing the agency with the cards.

LTO chief Alfonso Tan Jr. said yesterday they could not issue new driver’s license cards if supply runs out since they were ordered by the Manila Regional Trial Court to stop the award and payment of the agency’s P336-million driver’s license card supply project to Allcard Plastics Philippines Inc.

“If the supply runs out and we are not paying, I guess what will happen would be similar to that of the license plates. Hopefully, the supplier will still deliver. But if not, then we will not be able to issue any license cards,” Tan told The STAR
    Court stops supply deal for driver’s license cards | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    There has to be a song title to cover this EH?

• Funny Funny x 1