Dumaguete Info Search

LTO

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Duncan 77, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Duncan 77

Duncan 77 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I recently went to the lto to add a motorcycle license, to my Philippines car license, I was asked if I had a motorcycle, yes I have a motorcycle, ok
    this is the point where things got confusing, I was told that to obtain a motorcycle license , I had to have a certificate of registration for a motorcycle, to obtain the motorcycle license, advice needed thankyou.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. OP
    OP
    Duncan 77

Duncan 77 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sorry , some of what I'd written has disappeared, need to add ,also , was told I couldn't register the motorcycle without a Philippines motorcycle license, but unless the bike was registered, couldn't get a motorcycle license.?

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You don't need a OR/CR to get a license. There may be some restrictions on obtaining a license if you haven't been in country for awhile though.

4. OP
    OP
    Duncan 77

Duncan 77 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So , I've received incorrect advice from the LTO , or maybe the runaround .
    Thanks for the correct info .

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    The thing is Dustin you do. You need to provide an up to date Registration of a motor vehicle before they release your Licence, Why I do not know? but that is how it is :pompus:

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's new... Thanks for the update.

Disregard my statement.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just try getting an appointment for a drivers licence now. A nightmare. If you fail the test you need to wait one month to re apply and if you fail again 1 year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I get my license (plastic card) late July they don't ask me for any registration OR/CR. Test and a temporary license were in November last year, wait 8 months, guess very normal. Nummer plates I wait 2 years several times and need to do some footwork before I got them

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    I think we may be mixing license tags or number tags which some call license plates with license to drive. The two are not interdependent; one does not require another. Drivers licenses can be obtained at LTO with an approx 3 month delay for the plastic card with photo I’d. But no problem, you can just drive around with the original drivers license certificate. You are “certified” even if govt delays providing you with the plastic. Same with number tags. Just have private plates made like everyone else if your dealer plates are falling apart. It is not illegal to drive with them if your OR specifies that plates were not available. Neither is a problem here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    3 years ago I got my conversion drivers licence which entitled to me drive a car but not a motorcycle. I wanted a motorcycle licence as well and asked; they told me to return one month later, which I did. When there at the final process, they wanted to inspect my motorcycle to which I said I don't have one but will get one as soon as I get a licence. They insisted on seeing my motorcycle and I kept repeating that because I have no licence I will not ride illegally so I need a licence before I buy. So he shrugged, charged me 150p with a receipt from "B Plus Driving Academy Inc." (in Manila) and then approved my motorcycle licence (which took about 12 months for the plastic to arrive) I did not and do not understand the insistence on seeing my bike but got through it by holding firm that I did not own one at the time but would buy once a licence was issued. Hope this helps but honestly for me it is one of life's little mysteries.

P