Dumaguete Info Search

Mabinay Mabinay

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by redneck, Apr 6, 2013.

1. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We are planning a visit to Mabinay next week, on our way to Bacolod. We would like to stay one night in Mabinay but I can't, for the life of me, find any Mabinay hotel information online. Does anyone here have any experience with staying in Mabinay? Are there any hotels or do you need to stay in another town? Thanks!!

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  3. OP
    OP
    redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thank you!!!

4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    off topic, now that is what this forum shouls be about helping one another

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Highlands Resort

If you are looking for tranquil this is the place. It is full of lakes, vary large property. The food is good, and almost empty of people when I was there. It is a little old, and not everything is maintained to perfection but you may want to check it out.

6. OP
    OP
    redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Exactly my sentiments!! I may look like a new member, but quit participating a couple of years ago when I saw what a ness it was becoming. I forgot my login info so just re-registered. I am looking forward to this being what DI is supposed to be.

7. OP
    OP
    redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks!! I did see this one online but thought I had read that it was closed. Glad it isn't!!

8. OP
    OP
    redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Having problems with contact numbers for Highland Resort. The ones I have found online are either wrong numbers or no answer/no reply. You wouldn't happen to have a good/working number for them? Thanks again!

9. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    There are also cottages for rent at Mabinay Spring Resort, but I don't have any exact contact info. The spring is right in town and any resident can point you to it. here is a link to a blog with some info including pictures of the cottages (P700 per night, I think): Chicturista: January 2013

10. OP
    OP
    redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions/input. I tried to contact all of the suggested places with no responses, so stopped by the tourism department here in dumaguete and they gave me some contact numbers. Finally got a reply from Econotel. EXTREMELY helpful and accommodating!! Making all of our cave tour arrangements per our convenience. Their contact number is (SMART) 09185103997 The large, a/c, family room will be about 900 php for 4 persons. The cave tour for 3 of us is 400 php for the guide for all 3 caves and 15 php entrance fee person/per cave. So, less than 550 for the caving for all of us. And to think, the tour, per person, through a local travel agent was going to be 2,750php!! (That price did include transportation and a Dumaguete City tour which we weren't interested in) Will post an update afterwards to see if all goes as planned.