Dumaguete Info Search

Mahabuhay - i ThiNk?! (expat hangouts?)

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by savetheseamonkeys, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetheseamonkeys

savetheseamonkeys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im a noob on this board - looking for some quick info so as not to bore you with the same innane questions.

im an us expat 47yo living-traveling 15 years in/out of south and east asia. mix well with all nationalities. speak some languages.

ive had my eye on dumaguete/phils for a few years now (i had visited the rp 3x in past for about 3mos) and im ready to make the jump, im so fed up with lieland.

can anyone tell me if there is a place that local expats go to hang-out? somewhere i could gather some info about the city, region, country...

from this board i have found good or ill: why not? happy fred's and anabell's (?), hayahay (?). also rhoody mentioned some dodgy go-go joints outside of town. any assoca costs/fees or tip off's for rip off's?

ive singled out vintage and gazebo as places to stay - im looking for fan room, window, clean, city center, safe, potenitally guest friendly.

can anyone post or pm me where not to go and what to avoid?

ill be arriving in about a month - sure.

thanks

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Where not to go ? It all depends on what your looking for.
    For instance: Don't go to Honeycomb when you hate ballroom dancing :smile:
    In any case I advise you to avoid a showy appearance/behaviour and start with a low profile to check all the possible for you interesting places, mentioned somewhere else on this forum (entertainment).
    But since you are an experienced traveller in this part of the world, you will know most of it already.
    A hangout place for expats is surely in Banilad at the highway near to the Shell station (forgot the name, but you can find it on the forum as well. Ron is the owner).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.