Dumaguete Info Search

Major Water Problem in Bacong

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    In my part of Bacong, there is no water. Apparently, the city machine in the mountains that is used to prepare water is broke and no assessment yet. A neighbor said it would take one month, that would be catastrophic so I hope that is not the case. We have not yet installed a well as we had other priorities (wrong). There are plenty of wells around so we will buy water for flushing and cleaning and use our bottled water for personal care.

2. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Pat, I've seen it numerous times, but it didn't register at the time. But today we went about an hours ride up the coast to Mae's aunts home and in the driveway next to the house is a simple 1" well. It has an electrical pump on it and a pressure tank and it also has a hand pump. I asked about it and the answer was very simple. They have a well because city water is not reliable. They have a hand pump because of the brown-outs. They can open a valve and pump water into the pressure tank by hand if needed. Covering all of the bases, I guess. No city water? No problem. No city electric service? Still no problem.

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Well, my wife is teaching me how to shower with a big bucket and a small bucket, so as opposed to my city life post this morning, I guess I have to live like the locals do until Bacong water is turned on. No picture requests please....

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I would not mind seeing your wife teaching and demonstrating correct techniques under the shower .. :wink:

reminds me on a tour with a german band, they always had "5 shower-helper" in their stage-rider. on the last day of the tour the whole crew and management raised some money.
    and we send 5 shower-helper to them after the show. none was under 100 KG and 55 years :D....

of that you really dont wanna see pictures...

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Only in your wet dreams.....

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm ... than I gotta get rid of my other wet dream first ... hehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Pat
    When we had our apartment in Bacong, the owner of the apartments got so fed up with the local water situation he installed a 65 foot deep well, a pump, a tower, and 2 huge water tanks! No electricity? No problem, as once the tanks are full, water is gravity fed and you have water, electricity or not! The hot set up! I can hook you up with him if you need more info.

8. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    • Like Like x 1
  9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This waterproblem is not the same all over Bacong.
    I was never without water the last few days, the situation was quite different with the former mayor when there was no water 2 or 3 times a month.
    There are more than 1 pump supplying water for the Bacong area, but pressure now is lower indeed.

10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Glad you still have water, are you north of the Bacong-Valencia hiway? I am able to refill my bottles at the mineral water station near the center but his tank is almost empty as his water comes from the main into his filtering system. If the problem persists, I will go to Dauin for refills.
    I am reminded of the bad old days when I used my helmet and a river to shower.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.