Dumaguete Info Search

Making Dumaguete Better

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Aside from the obvious suggestions, such as less trikes, enforcement of traffic laws less nose pollution, what do you think would improve your overall quality of life and/or enjoyment in Dumaguete? More businesses, restaurants, parks, shopping, bars?

For me, the answers all revolve around quality nightlife, because that's what I do.....drink. When I get back I want to expand my knowledge of Dumaguete a bit further than where the next drink should be poured, but that's another thread.

I know that we all expect something a little different from where we live so what are your thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Less noise! I know that's not on the list bit would so much help. It's a pretty good town mostly I know and better than most.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    For me but I dont' know how they would do it open Space to Breath in.
    Plenty of Ideas on this page, I think Parkland and full use of some Areas that are a complete mess. is the way to go.

images urban flowered city walkways - Google Search

+ maybe one more decent mall with plenty of eating Houses.
    that is me but I will think some more.
    JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Hey maybe make the boulevard only pedestrian, that would go a long way, it would be nice to eat a peaceful meal whilst not shouting at each other and breathing in fumes! They been talking about it for years.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I for one would love to see a high quality import store that catered to such obvious needs. Batteries that last, guitars that are USA made, foods and products that all resemble that in which we would get abroad.Not licensed out name brands. I want my McDoos to taste the same as in America. I want a club house sandwich that tastes like it was made at a USA deli. I want a bottle of coke in it's first generation bottle that doesn't leak if you tip it upside down. I want laptop and video camera and electronics that are specifically made to withstand humidity. I want a case of beer right from Molsens out of USA. Nothing outdated ,weak, worn out flimsy cheap junk that falls apart because you used it once. Quality control at it's best. right from the manufacturer 1 week ago. I know it's a tall order but some expat in time will open up such a place and all the more home it will be.

6. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    That's a very tall order crystal head, it ain't going to happen any time soon!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090

Well.... it was not long ago that the west was won in North America and look at it now. As the Philippines fail more and more....someones going to win it! Worlds in a hyperdrive and change is gonna come. I bet in my life time we will see expats in politics there! Some one has to help 26 million rise above poverty and it's not going to happen with out a wake up!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Main Problem as I see it is we should STOP thinking about what OUR country was/is like and concentrate with what we have to work with.
    There is a lot out there that can be done but we have to start thinking here, how can we utilize things. Improve and educate others.

JMHO

JP :bag: :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    But of we keep thinking like this it will become like we had back home! Why did we move here? It was because of the bull sh*t and red tape amongst other crap!
    If it becomes like our world back home we just as well be back there.
    Yes there are things we could improve here without all the western bullshit!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Davy that was exactly my Point

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2