Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Making it to Siquijor Using the Fast Ferries

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Travel Guide, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Travel Guide

Travel Guide DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So you're in Dumaguete, and as much as you would like to stay, the prospect of spending an equally unforgettable tropical experience awaits you in the neighboring island of beautiful Siquijor, which is just as beautiful. Hmmm... Problem is, just how do you get there?

The answer of course, lies (or in this case, floats) in the pier. The Dumaguete-Siquijor route is served by various fast ferries, small ships and boats that will be just all too happy to take you from Dumaguete and back. These ferries have been doing their thing for quite some time now, therefore you will be assured a safe journey.

Delta Fast Ferries is the main ferry that operates the Dumaguete-Siquijor route. The fare is about 160 pesos (better prepare 200, just to be on the safe side). The ferry leaves the Dumaguete pier at these times: 6 am, 9 am, 1:30 pm, 4:30 pm, and leaves Siquijor at : 7 am, 10 am, 3 pm, 5:30 pm.

Delta Fast Ferry 3's official schedule is a bit unreliable, but it leaves Dumaguete City at 11:30 am and 5: 30 pm, and Siquijor at 5:30 am, 6:15 am, 12:30 pm.

MV Maria Christina, Jaylann 2 and Jaylan are the bigger ferries aside from Delta that can take you from thew city to the island. These are colorful little ships that have viewing decks for those who want to observe the whole trip from the outside, perfect for feeling the breeze and island-watching. MV Maria Christina leaves Dumaguete at 10 am and 6 am, and leaves Siquijor at 6 am and 2 pm.

Jaylann 2 leaves Dumaguete at 11:30 am and departs from Siquijor at 5:30 am, and Jaylann, 1:45 pm Siquijor at 6:30 am.

The trip will take you about 1-2 hours, depending on how fast your craft of choice is going, and the rates are usually similar, about 150-200 pesos per person. Some lines will warn you of changes in the schedules and rough weather usually sets the schedule back, but no worries, since the moment heavy weather lifts, the ferries (and you) will be off. The waiting usually pays off when you see the island's white beaches and clear waters, during which that little delay in schedule will become a thing of the past.

No more wondering just how to get from Dumaguete to Siquijor. With the fast ferry trips and smaller ferries available every day at different times, and with the varied choices of transportation, you will surely have fun traveling, about as much fun you'll have enjoying your destination!

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe299

joe299 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi i am joe from taiwan.

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hey Joe lol, Welcome.:smile:

4. ikeng_101

ikeng_101 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    from dumaguete airport to sibulan port

hello, im a newbie here! hello beautiful people!
    im going to dumaguete and siquijor on feb 6. i just want to ask,how long does it take to get to sibulan port from Dumaguete airport?

This is my problem. We need to get to siquijor
    by boarding the last delta ferry which leaves at 1730. pal's
    flight arrives at 1605. I know dumaguete is very
    accessible but is it possible to catch the last ferry to siquijor with
    these timeframes? or can we still catch the 1630 ferry to siquijor?

I just hope that Pal will be on time.

thanks! i appreciate any help.

5. blacksmith

blacksmith DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi guys.. any updated schedule of fast ferries?

thank you

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
  7. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i'd say you have a (very) slim chance to catch the 1630 but i'd go for it : )

should be no problem to catch the 1730 ferry

norm : ))~

8. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i'd say you have a (very) slim chance to catch the 1630 but i'd go for it : )

should be no problem to catch the 1730 ferry unless...

norm : ))~

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Great answer Norm................................3 years after the guy asked the question :p

10. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Well it is the Philippines.......everything is "Later na lang"......LOL