Dumaguete Info Search

Mama Marias Pizza

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by sntmig, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Hi all.. Well since nobody has posted any replies to my last post re;pizza, I decided to try the "new" place. It's on the blvd ,real close to Freds. Anyhoo,I was the only customer there and saw whom I gathered were the two owners who,unfortunately during my 1 hr lunch, did not even say "hello".The beer was so, so, cold (I had asked for bugnaw palihug)..In 20 mins the "real Italian" pizza was ready...Size for the $$ was ok,taste was just very average and a little bland,and the salami quite thin.The view out front of the ocean is good ,if no cars parked there (which there was).... but to the north,beside the tables,,, garbage... The menue is extensive and the wait staff are trying... Sorry,but the pizza will have to improve and the beer better chilled,..befor I return...
    Still the best for me has been: best to last
    Why-not,El dorado,Hya Hy,Coco Amigos,Pura Vida

2. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi
    it seems you are a fan of the boulevard ,but there are still places around the town
    cheers and forever cold beer

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Pura Vida - good food.. never happened to any one I know but I know they have some new people there working on it... what is needed as I like the resort and the staff there with a first-class dive-operation.

I agree mainly to the MamaMaria points, a new place needs some time to get up to speed. It looks to me like a mix between Hayahay and Italia Pizza, (cheaper ingredients on a thin crust), value is ok, beer WAY to warm...

Rhoody

4. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    mamias is utter crap so i expect pizza to be the same
    they served me fried tinnned veg last time i was there so I payed and then left for casablancas to get some real food

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you are that smart that you can't even read the topic and what restaurant the thread is about...

take your time, ask a colleague to spell and read the words for you, I still doubt that you will understand, but give it a try...

6. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    the internet connection is bad there, that's why there are some mistakes.

7. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    ha

it turns out Mr Dumaguete knows nothing about the place
    Its owned by the same person as Mamias dumbo hence my comment holds

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    what the f@#% are you talkin about ... Mamia is the son of the the guy who sits on the highest chair for the city and Mama Maria is a franchise company from Bacolod... Mamia and Mama Marria are two totally different places..

so what you are talking about smartazz

You are a real hero !!!!

sad enough that a poor soul like you is in that lovely city, sometimes...

get a life, explore the country (but don't use internet for that as you hat sites providing information)

But it's all good, when ever I wanna txt a real looser in life and wanna talk to someone who is really way below everything I know here ... I have your number

great to have a looney toon here

Rhoody

9. Kinhason2

Kinhason2 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Don Atilano's Rest.

Hi Rhoody,

Let's move on to Don Atilano's rest. What's the rating on this. Also, has Duma have another japanese rest.???? I love sushi.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I will not rate Don Atilianos as everything (or parts of it ) I ordered was "out of stock" (since now 2 years)

The best Sushi place in Dumaguete is in my opinion the new soft(opened) Sushi Bar of Casablance, where the staff is trained by a real jabanese chef and not just throwing rotten fish on sticky rice and wrap it in seaweed (if available like in that faked japaneserestaurant at the boulevard)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.