Dumaguete Info Search

Man claims cheap drug for dogs cured his Cancer

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Obliged Friend, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  2. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 241
    Interesting...by itself it's worse than the control, but mixed with vitamins it's better than control or vitamins.
    Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 8.27.46 AM.png

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Trash article and trash logic.
    Well they weren't exactly scratching their heads if they put together a clinical study now were they? They obviously knew there was some potential for the drug to work if they were trying to treat this very specific type of cancer with the drug.

Brilliant. It was probably "something else". I'm happy for him but his logic is completely flawed, as is this article. I recently sprained my ankles, it got better after I took Tylenol... therefore I will take Tylenol for the rest of my life and never have another sprained ankle. :meh:

Can you at least tell us the name of the drug? Why did this veterinarian believe it could help? Sure, if you are on your deathbed it probably isn't going to hurt to try and I can understand trying just about anything (such as taking medical advice from a vet lol), but don't write a BS article that will give false hope. Cancer is not a single disease and there is not and will not ever be a single cure for it.

Anecdotal.

Traditional medicine has been proven to work for the majority of humans. Pseudoscience on the other hand...not so much tested. Personally, I would exhaust all legitimate and tested treatments before I went to untested ones.

What works in a petri dish and on rats does not necessarily work on humans. (I can "cure" cancer with bleach in a petri dish.) Human trials will (or may) come after animal trials. But if they pass clinical trials, well, then that would make it "traditional medicine"...and you can't be using any of that. lol

The only difference between "traditional medicine" and "alternative treatments" is that one has been proven to work...and one requires a whole lot more of "fingers crossed". But hey, maybe I'm wrong and cancer will be eliminated tomorrow now that everyone knows you can just take some dog dewormer to cure all your cancer problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If traditional medicine failed me this would be my backup plan:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2317989/
    And I know it would be a hell of a lot more fun than some f'n dog dewormer. I think I might take it for the rest of my life to ensure the cancer never returned. :rolleyes:

7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    This thread is about cheap drugs. I wonder if crack would be an effective substitute.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Move to Columbia. I've heard the cost of living is quite affordable and you can get a gram for about $3 there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +246 / 138
    A friend and co worker started de-wormer yesterday. Diagnosed stage four stomach cancer 22 months ago. Nothing but broth for he last few weeks as he could no longer hold any solid food down. Last Wednesday Terry was told it's spread, no more treatments, no more working. All the months of chemo and radiation didn't help. Tough as they come, I have no clue how he managed working the whole time. There are no illusions, no expectations here. If Terry makes his next birthday, buy stock in de-wormer.

10. OP
    OP
    Obliged Friend

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Joe Teppins website

https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/sin...-your-life-how-to-change-your-own-perspective