Dumaguete Info Search

Manila newbie

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by choy, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choy

choy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

I was surfing in the internet to get more info on Dumaguete, and luckily, I came across this forum.

We're planning to visit your beautiful place, and we plan to stay in Antulang. Is it easy to get a taxi from the airport? How much is the fare?

What about dolphin-watching in Bais? How do we get there? Do we have to go first to Bais by land? Or can we do it by banca/boat directly from Antulang?

Any contact numbers (car/taxi and boat rentals) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much!!!

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We are very pleases to welcome you on board . But also will tell you right now , THERE IS NO TAXI in Duma !! One can rent a private driver with an old car at around 300 peso per hour . Sometimes they try to rip you off like demanding 750 P PLUS Gasoline...

3. OP
    OP
    choy

choy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info! So what is the best thing to do once we arrive at the airport? Antulang has a transfer service (airport to resort) for P2,200. Is the rate reasonable?

4. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Airport transfer

P2200 for transport from airport to Antulang... If it is round trip transfer then I would probably go for it even though it is still pricy... But for pure convenience... if it is one way transfer I would skip the resort all together...

Unless it is in a stretched limo with at least 16 sets of wheels I do not really see how anybody could charge that much...

5. OP
    OP
    choy

choy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!!! I verified with the resort, and the rate is for roundtrip transfers. We're looking forward to our trip...there is so much to see in our beautiful country!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.