Dumaguete Info Search

Manjuyod sand bar

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by pickled_newt, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Views of the sand bar cottages.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks pickled newt! I loved visiting in Bais and hope to one day go with a group to camp overnight in the cottages above. I stayed at many other inexpensive cottages along the beach in Bais and LOVED it. Their fresh fish market is CHEAP and an EXCELLENT display of goods.

3. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow. Almost Heaven.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Hi cactusflower ,it was really a good day to sea those playful dolphins plus the sand bar closeby ,we had best of the weather that day and everyone enjoyed it...true like heaven.:smile:

Thanks for your kind words Cyndi.Yep, girls are like "sugar and spice and everything nice " and everything about girls in our house ,they are a lot of work ,they tire me out .:D

When back there I normally prefer Bais for the market esp of sea food,they offer good selection . Staying overnight in the cottage can be an adventure .The cottages have solar lights and little dirty kitchen but might well be more convenient to bring little camping stove etc. Can be also nicer done when it's low tide so you can walk on the sand during the night or wade in the shallow bit where there are those phosphorescent creatures that sparkles in the dark and like millions of them ,they are beautiful . Now you got me thinking.

5. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    We hit the high tide when we were there and was about 8 feet deep,but kids can still enjoy clinging on to the raised concrete steps for the cottage,but you need to keep a close eye for ones that can't swim.

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    During high tide there were few diff schools of fish under the cottage ,which amused the kids .

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    At last the sand bar showed up as the tide gradually went out ,but it was already later in the afternoon and soon to leave.The two boys here are my nephews .

Attached Files:

8. Smedley

Smedley DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    very nice!

Pickled newt, your pics are awesome... everything looks so like paradise...

was there power at the cabins? or are they just pure nature?

How does the shuttle work? does the boat stay near by, or does it come out at a specified time?

only in the phils...
    Paradise awaits!

9. OP
    OP
    pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Those stilt cottages have solar lights but that was it . Toilets aren't set down ones ,so be ready on a well balanced crouch for the ladies.This is the downside I could think about. I always bring bleach and own toilet tissue when i go to these kind of places. Apart from that it was a nice day out.The boat stays with us for the whole day and brought us back .

10. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi pickled_newt, these pictures are awesome as Smedley describes it. I've never seen pictures in Island and Travel Mags of places as beautiful as this including Bais. The stilt cottages and the island in the middle, it's just (WOW!)incredible. You can see schools of fish lurking around and under the cottage. The water is so crystal clear, and the kids are having fun. The weather was also cooperating, very nice and clear blue sky. I thank you again for all these pics you shared, for us to enjoy. :smile::smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.