Dumaguete Info Search

Manners,respect,common sence

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sntmig, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    I just wonder sometimes is any of this is taught here???.Just a couple of observations;

-people stop on the very busy stairs at Lee to text or have conversations..
    -people stop at the top of the up escalator to have conversations.
    -motorcyclists entering on to main highway from right side road,do not stop or even look..
    -person in nice restaurant talking loudly on cell phone.
    -parents let their children run around and make noise in resto/bar.
    -moviegoers enter theater in middle or near end of a good movie.
    -moviegoers texting during movie.
    -this is a good one...parent changing diapers, of child, on a eating table in a nice resto/bar.

Do you have any to share ??....Miguel

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Welcome to the Philippines.

Yeah, I'v noticed all that too. Not nice is it, still, never mind, I'm more concerned with corruption, pollution, hygiene, safety, Etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    o_O When my Wife read this she smiled and said, I like that jimeves answer, "Welcome to the Philippines" :D
    She went on to say but honey, we have always done that and it only seems to Upset you Foreigners, Do we moan at you when you all loose your tempers when you can't get your own way or when you tell us, you would never get away with that in so and so Country Well let me remind you and you can tell your friends, You are not in so and so Country! :(

I believe that that was the end of the Conversation.:rolleyes:

JP,:wink:
    Morning All.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Respect here does not exist in any way or form, it's only me, me and me!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    My friend is contracted Hepatitis A spending about a week in the hospital. I am not sure where this is Hygiene or safety, but his doctor told him it was most likely from the food he ate. He avoided the street food vendors, but ate a number of times at one of the resto-bars reviewed here and said he would never eat there again. It seems like the fish and squid in particularly was just laid out in the open air until someone buys it for a meal. He felt he had gotten bad food from the food storage systems here.

Possibly food handling, it hard to tell where the food has been stored until it comes in front of our eyes, should be part of the reviews. Non refrigerated food can be a problems for some

Again there are shots that can be taken to reduce the chances of Hepatitis A and other diseases prevalent here. I got mine 3 years ago before arriving here, but I will have to review the need for booster shots at this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Peeing on walls:
    As I drove past one of the elementary schools here, and made a left turn I noticed about 6 young men in school uniforms peeing on the wall. So apparently hygiene, or other sanitation procedures are not taught here. Is it any wonder that grown men are peeing on walls through out Dumaguete? If the young people are not taught to pee in a CR, they will follow in their fathers footpaths. I assume that the school they just left had a CR, but walls are much more prevalent here and if you have never been taught differently that is what you will use. Oh well I guess it will take a few more generations for the men of the country to stop peeing where ever they feel like it. It was a Filipino quote in previous posts, this is the way we do it here.... you know hand washing in hospitals is only a fairly recent concepts, and if that has not been internationally accepted maybe we would not have an over populations problem :wink:. So when will Philippines move out of the third world country classification.... and will be be to first world :smile: or fourth world classification.:eek:

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    . So when will Philippines move out of the third world country classification.... and will be be to first world :smile: or fourth world classification.:eek:

One word answer Dave. "Never"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    o_O :D LOL A Bit harsh Davy for so early in the Morning, If you were to Ask a National/Local Educated or not, their Answer would be either of the top Answers they always give.
    1. Maybe!
    2. Later Only!
    Many, it is so very Unfortunate to say, would not have a Clue what this Classification was all about.
    3. I am a Filipino. It is the way we do things!

To Quote Good old Jim's Answer Previously. "Welcome to the Philippines"

BTW I believe that the sales of Rose Coloured glasses has Diminished Considerably.:rolleyes:

JP:wink:

9. Dave & Imp

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Life may be easier for all of us if everyone from every country did not do a variation of the: "I am a Filipino. It is the way we do things!"
    I mean I know I feel like that but I just do not say often "I am a American. It is the way we do things!' (with it implied that the rest of the world should do it that way also.)

Maybe my "this is the way we do things" philosophy is why it is difficult to simulate into the culture. My Filipino landlord always says just forget it Dave, I hate that expression but when I do just let if go I get more piece than a double rum and Coke.. :wink::confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Jack,it's just the way I see it! Just look around at other aisan country's which some of have communist governments, martial law etc etc. they have super fast internet, great tourism, clean Resto's and good economy's.
    This place will never move forward until people realize they are being kept in the dark like the mushroom syndrome, keep em poor and stupid and we can take,take and take. The population need to stand up for themselves more.
    Even my mrs will not even dream of standing up for what is wrong or any people of higher standing, it's always yes sir/mam three bags full!
    Sorry for being harsh so early jack :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2