Dumaguete Info Search

Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by jimeve, Jul 2, 2017.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Live today 2nd July 11 am, Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn.

Free on GMA cignal channel 7

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Horn won on points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Don't know why but that put a smile on my face.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Perhaps you like the idea of a lying politician getting beat???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I saw the fight........let's just say this, someone in Vegas made a killing. It's nice to see the underdog win, when he really wins. No way Horn won. Controversy to follow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jimbo

Jimbo DI Member Restricted Account Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +43 / 27
    Definitely looked like it was rigged to me.
    As usual when manny takes a fall, he did nothing until about the 7th round. It's all about the money and also the promoting of next years Commonwealth games in Brisbane.

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Honestly that is the FIRST time I have EVER watched a Boxing match, that is the FIRST time I have ever seen Manny fight, and to be honest, I only watched the LAST round on the insistence of my Wife and what I saw was an old man in the ring with a young man in his prime, everything I had heard; that was NOT what I expected to see! I DID turn around maybe a dozen times to see what my Filipino Family were shrieking about and each time I saw a tired old man who did not seem up to form and did not live up to all of the hype I had heard here...

My Wife is Filipina and in her words this morning; "Manny was NOT himself, the way Jeff Horn fought was how Manny USED to fight, Manny had no form, not like the old days when Manny was fast and furious in his punches" In her mind, :greedy:Jeff Horn WON the fight and Manny LOST!:greedy: NO CONTEST!

YES MANY are upset, my Filipino Family here are all butt-hurt today muttering finding it very hard to get over their Hero falling, but my wife is adamant that what she watched yesterday, Jeff Horn deserved the win...

BUT: I believe a guy's reply on facebook is RIGHT ON THE MONEY!
    everyone was in on it from the start, Manny 45 minutes late to an interview, then on his Phone texting , not taking any Notice of anything,,, NOW we know 100% thats not the real Manny, he is not arrogant....it was all Part of the Act, and he's a terrible bloody actor, Horn Won the first 7 rounds easily , then Manny came out in the 8th and showed Horn what he is in for in November, Manny near pulled the trigger to hard and near Won the fight, i bet he sh*t himself, he needed to lose to Guarantee a MINIMUM AUD$60 MILLION Payday in November, Now Jeff Horn is Baiting Mayweather with walking canes and Boxing gloves asking which one he wants......I Hope Jeff Horn enjoys this time and his Payday, and he will get 10 times his payday in November...))))))).......Business is Business. and i have been saying this since i saw the first clause of the fight contract stating if Manny was to lose, there will be a re-match in November, same Venue, they will both earn 10 times more each...(((((...as i said Business is Business.

(As they say; "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story") :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Interesting or maybe I should say surprising coming from a fellow Filipino. Filipino pride runs deep. Funny thing is, at least 3 of the commentators/experts on Fox strongly felt the other way. This included Tim Bradley who has fought Manny on 3 occasions. One commentator actually asked Horn if he really thought he had won. You don't see that too often. Here is the result of an ongoing public survey.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 7.23.15 PM.png
    Here are the punch statistics. Pacquiao leading where it counts.

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 7.31.51 PM.png

It would be interesting to research the guy you quote above. I hope it's not Bob Arum. :wink:

As they say, a happy wife is a happy life. Carry on...........

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No mate, never heard of Bob and to be honest, until this fight I had NEVER heard of Jeff Horn, the quote is from; just a Facebook User with no attachment as far as I know.

Looking at the stats you posted; maybe it is true that it is nothing more than a money grab stunt?

Sorry I do not follow boxing or even know/understand the rules and so on, just I HAD to watch in part due to my wife, for me it was not what I expected to see, but I think I may watch the rematch to try and decide if this was purely a stunt to gather a rematch along with big bucks.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Boxing has always been a corrupt sport. Fitting that a Filipino politician would be on the losing end of corruption.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2