Dumaguete Info Search

Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Teacher, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Should Pacquiao Fight Mayweather ?

Every time I know in my heart if Manny Pacquiao, has a fight In my heart I know he will WIN !!! But for the first time I really just don't know? what does everyone else think?

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think he should stop fighting after his victory over Cotto. There has to be an end to all his fighting. Even Pacquiao's own mother has negative feelings about another fight "if ever" another one comes along. Mommy Dionesia prefers that her son will now retire from boxing.

3. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The Mayweather fight has Me a little concerned,but so has most of Pacquiao's fights in recent Years. The main problem I see with this fight is not only Floyd's speed and elusiveness,but His reliance on leaning back against the ropes,holding,elbowing and getting away with it..not to mention His unwillingness to engage a tough Guy like Pacman and go Toe to Toe.He is more of a Defensive fighter and a counter puncher liken to a Predator Who will sit back and wait for the opportune moment to take out His pray..In other words "He's a !@#$%&! COWARD! If Pacquiao can somehow get to this Clown early, then it'll be a short night for "Money Mayweather", which in turn means Pacquiao can start His Sold out concert performance across the street a little bit earlier.... So far,most of Pacquiao's opponents have been reletively good sports,likeable Guys and very respectable.This will be the first time {that I recall} that He'll be fighting a Disrepectful Arrogant prick that come from a Disfunctional Family Who really needs His @ss KICKED! If Pacman wins,this should be the final chapter in His book,but come on now,Who are We trying to kid? because We know if He does He'll most likely be fighting the winner of the January 30th matchup between Andre Berto {WBC Welterweight champ} and Shane Mosley. For those of You Who don't know Who Andre Berto is,You'll need to check out His website:ANDREBERTO.COM - The Official Site of Andre Berto This is one BadAssMotherF'R....

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Say that to Mayweather's face. Then see who's a coward :p

5. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If I was Pacquiao I wouldn't even give Floyd the Privilage.As of right now,Mayweather is asking for a 65/35 split of the purse,but so is Pacquiao's camp.If anything,it should be 50/50 or nothing at all.Besides that, Pacquiao is holding all the cards and as far as I'm concerned Mayweather doesn't deserve a single dime and needs to go back into retirement like He said He was going to,but I guess if You're too busy throwing up $100 bills in night clubs then there comes a time when You have to get back in the Ring to earn some more cash to throw away. Granted,Pacquiao spends alot of money but most of it goes towards the needy and for good causes.That's the difference between a kind hearted {Pacquiao} and a cold hearted {Mayweather}.

6. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Not that I am nit picking but....

Does anyone remember a boxer by the name of Juan Manuel Marquez?

As I remember it Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez fight ended in a split decision in favor of Manny.

and Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez fight ended and was a unanimous decision in favor of Floyd Mayweather. I know Mayweather was over weight and maybe that was just enough to tip the balance but I don't know..

7. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    I think Manny did a brilliant job over Cotto, but I would hate to see him win Mayweather and suffer the same fate as Muhammad Ali did after his last fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.