Dumaguete Info Search

Marina?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by jss, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a marina with 24 hour security around Duma area? Its my guess, but most of us decide to live in phil because we love water. I certainly do! And boat would be an integral part of water. For me, though, i have considered and reconsidered numerous times about having a boat because I hear that it is very hard to find good caretaker for boat.. A marina would take care of most of this problem. I really couldnt find anything on net about a marina, small or big. Also, anybody using a resort in dauin to take care of their boat?

2. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    There are no marinas in Dumaguete. My husband designed one (he works for IGY in Dubai and also designs marinas for clients here in Palm Jumeirah, etc) that would be nice for Dumaguete, but I don't see it happening unless Dgte Municipality likes my husband's sketch and suddenly decides they want to build a marina there. There are no yacht owners that I know of in Dumaguete.

3. OP
    OP
    jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TOo bad...

Yeah, i figured that there are not too many yacht owners in duma. What I really meant was a small local marina with 24hr security where owners of small boats (not yachts) can secure their boats. There is one such facility in puerto princesa, which calls themselves "yacht club", but more like a small local "club" of owners of small leisure boats and the facility is really nothing more than a shallow water pier with a small open air cafe. I just figured that there may be some expats, like me, who would love to have their own boats/bancas but dont want the hassle of maintainng it (and the stress associated with theft)...
    Anyway, thanks for your answer: there is no such facility!

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    There's a place outside Dumaguete that can harbour yachts ,this is about an hour south of the city.I am talking about the Bonbonon bay in Siaton ,nr Tambobo where most yachts coming to this side of the province are being docked .But I don't think it has this security system similar to most marina ,but if you got yacht,this is more likely the place for now .Few expats lived there too. There's one brit who live there,has a site,and seem on his job /project to make boats,also has a place to stay.There's also in Antulang side the Kookoos nest owned by Aussie friend but now managed by two retired brits,then a little further on is the Antulang beach resort.

5. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I heard there are plans to build a marina at the waterfront of the Dumaguete Business Park...

6. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Another foreseen add on development for dgte ,good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.